90 day and extension

The letters are valid for 6 months.

Worth bearing that in mind in, say, May/June next year

Congratulations Robjak.
You were able to prove "sufficient funds" through a mix of currency in a Thai bank and a letter from your Embassy.

Does your Embassy have to verify your pension back in the UK or do they take the information you provide them with at face value ?

(Couldn't hurt to pound six beers as well...just in a celebratory nature. ;);;grimace;; )

I've got 2 private pensions and each year in April they send me a letter confirming what my pension will be after the yearly rise. I have to send them to the British Embassy in Bangkok. I am pretty sure they take it at face value.
Haha yes celebrating, on my 3rd.

I've got 2 private pensions and each year in April they send me a letter confirming what my pension will be after the yearly rise. I have to send them to the British Embassy in Bangkok. I am pretty sure they take it at face value.
Haha yes celebrating, on my 3rd.

Confirm that they take things at face value.

They have previously accepted my statement of rental income without question. I am aware of others who have manipulated their income figures.

When I gave the immo the letter from the embassy he got his phone and worked out how much I got and then said " not enough". I said that's monthly try the figure at the bottom that's yearly. Dint say owt after that.

I remember Roc arriving once with his pension confirmation letter which quoted "every fortnight". Immigration wouldn't accept it as they hadn't a clue what a fortnight was.

Back