90 day and extension

This is a quote from ubonjoe in response to a question on on-line reporting: "Are sure your report went to Surin immigration. The drop down menus for province and district on page 2 of the report application determines which office it goes to."

I didn't see a drop down menu on page 2? I cannot get back to page 2 now.

This is a quote from ubonjoe in response to a question on on-line reporting: "Are sure your report went to Surin immigration. The drop down menus for province and district on page 2 of the report application determines which office it goes to."

I didn't see a drop down menu on page 2? I cannot get back to page 2 now.

7547199b78860f5287b933bf6116bc2d.gif

I'm off to do my extension today, hopefully they accept my bank statement instead of my passbook which the bank stuffed up when I updated it a few weeks ago.

I'm off to do my extension today, hopefully they accept my bank statement instead of my passbook which the bank stuffed up when I updated it a few weeks ago.

I would not be hopeful. Buriram Immigration would not accept my bank statement as evidence of funds when Bangkok Bank were unable to update my FCD passbook.

I'm at SI now, it's gone upstairs, the last hurdle. Been up there a while. Might be in a spot of bother maybe. I also had to provide another map of how-to get to my house. They have been before.

Do you mean to evidence 400,000 Baht (if extension based on marriage)
I use the Letter from the British Embassy to confirm that I receive in excess of 800,000 baht/year (extension based on retirement). In addition, SI has always wanted to see how that money is coming into the country, i.e. that you are not working illegally. To satisfy that requirement I request from the bank a printed 12 month statement of account (200 baht and 4 days wait). I find it is easier to do that than to try to keep my bank book up to date. If you miss a month or two between up dates you miss a full print out from the bank and only get a 2 or 3 line summary. It also saves the need to get a new bank book every year or so - less printing.

Wombat's comment about the need for yet another map is interesting. More house visits coming up? Or are they just monkeying around?

I use the Letter from the British Embassy to confirm that I receive in excess of 800,000 baht/year (extension based on retirement). In addition, SI has always wanted to see how that money is coming into the country, i.e. that you are not working illegally. To satisfy that requirement I request from the bank a printed 12 month statement of account (200 baht and 4 days wait). I find it is easier to do that than to try to keep my bank book up to date. If you miss a month or two between up dates you miss a full print out from the bank and only get a 2 or 3 line summary. It also saves the need to get a new bank book every year or so - less printing.

Wombat's comment about the need for yet another map is interesting. More house visits coming up? Or are they just monkeying around?

After immigration doing cavity searches for passports on Soi Kola anyone with a Mueang Surin address needs to have KY Jelly on stand by.;)

I wander down to the bank (on the same day of my extension application (as per the "new" rule)), draw out a few thousand from the ATM, then obtain an update of my passbook. I then take the updated passbook and the bank letter home, copy and print them, and then present them to Immigration. I only update my passbook maybe two times per year therefore I am lucky that they detail the cumulative deposits in the book prior to the cumulative withdrawals, i.e. the balance does not fall below Bht 800,000.00.

OK, I got it, took about 2 hours and there were hardly any other customers, just a few people wandering in for minor things.
Now, here's a word of warning if you bank with Kasikorn in Robinson, update your passport regularly as I tried to do mine after a 2 month period and, as Nomad stated, I only got a 3 line update and I could not prove my 800,000 was seasoned. Now we went into the bank this morning and they told the wife that they can only do a monthly statement for the current month, they said they cannot go back more than 30 days, new bank policy they said. Fortunately, I got a statement from them about 3 weeks ago that went back to a couple of weeks before I put my 800,000+ in and I kept it, today they did an update on my bank book and it went right back to the last entry on the statement so I was able to prove, sort of, that my money had been seasoned. Now all I had to do was convince SI. I stupidly forgot to get the bank to stamp the statement that I had and that turned out to be the only worry I had, the staff downstairs accepted it but said, ultimately, it was up to the big boss. After a wait of about 35 minutes my passport came back downstairs and I passed. Smiles and wais all round.

I am seriously considering changing banks as Kasikorn Robinson are not really with it as far as immigration rules are concerned. I have internet banking setup though and don't really want to start all over again. The male manager at the bank even had the cheek to tell my wife that he used to work at Immigration and they would accept the paperwork he provided.

OK, I got it, took about 2 hours and there were hardly any other customers, just a few people wandering in for minor things.
Now, here's a word of warning if you bank with Kasikorn in Robinson, update your passport regularly as I tried to do mine after a 2 month period and, as Nomad stated, I only got a 3 line update and I could not prove my 800,000 was seasoned. Now we went into the bank this morning and they told the wife that they can only do a monthly statement for the current month, they said they cannot go back more than 30 days, new bank policy they said. Fortunately, I got a statement from them about 3 weeks ago that went back to a couple of weeks before I put my 800,000+ in and I kept it, today they did an update on my bank book and it went right back to the last entry on the statement so I was able to prove, sort of, that my money had been seasoned. Now all I had to do was convince SI. I stupidly forgot to get the bank to stamp the statement that I had and that turned out to be the only worry I had, the staff downstairs accepted it but said, ultimately, it was up to the big boss. After a wait of about 35 minutes my passport came back downstairs and I passed. Smiles and wais all round.

I am seriously considering changing banks as Kasikorn Robinson are not really with it as far as immigration rules are concerned. I have internet banking setup though and don't really want to start all over again. The male manager at the bank even had the cheek to tell my wife that he used to work at Immigration and they would accept the paperwork he provided.

IMHO. I would never open account at any Kiosk bank in any mall. This is what happens. Yes I have used them for some business but never for anything major. My accounts are in physical main branches not in a shopping mall. I have seen problems with them over and over. Just saying.

I've been with Kasikorn for 17 years but always use the main branch on Thanasan Road for important transactions. However, I have had some altercations in the past when I have had to explain to the staff "When I need banking advice I come here, when I need immigration advice, I go to immigration".

It worked.

Oh and the map, I'm not sure what happened there, they asked me to provide a map, I pulled out a Google Earth one with co-ordinates on it that I had hand written, they said "no, no google". The wife then drew a map using a ruler and some Thai directions.

Oh and the map, I'm not sure what happened there, they asked me to provide a map, I pulled out a Google Earth one with co-ordinates on it that I had hand written, they said "no, no google". The wife then drew a map using a ruler and some Thai directions.

When Immigration decided that me being a poor retired prat required a map for them to find my home (a ridiculous practice that was curtailed after 12 months), I gave them a copy of the map which I have had for years in my truck to present to suppliers who were to deliver oversized goods. Just a map on a sheet of paper without any co-ordinates. No problem.

My wife always reminds me - keep it simple so they don't get confused.

Nomad, you don’t actually need to supply a bank statement if you are using the embassy letter.

There was a phase where they started asking to see evidence of funds being spent in Thailand - a bank statement being one option.

I have taken 6 months’ worth of online statements in each of the last 3 years (2 extensions based retirement showing income and 1 showing 800k in the Bank. Never have I been asked for them.

Robinson’s is not a factor Wombat, all Kasikorn machines update on the same basis. I do agree with Gotlost about ‘kiosk’ banks though. The consolidation of entries should not be an issue as the running balances will not be under 800k. In your case there would be nothing to suggest that the. Balance had dropped below 800k.

Nomad, you don’t actually need to supply a bank statement if you are using the embassy letter.

There was a phase where they started asking to see evidence of funds being spent in Thailand - a bank statement being one option.

I have taken 6 months’ worth of online statements in each of the last 3 years (2 extensions based retirement showing income and 1 showing 800k in the Bank. Never have I been asked for them.
You have been lucky! I do not provide the statement for the fun. It is something they have asked for previously. That said, last year they looked at the statement and, for the first time, returned the statement to me after first fliping through the pages.

You have been lucky! I do not provide the statement for the fun. It is something they have asked for previously. That said, last year they looked at the statement and, for the first time, returned the statement to me after first fliping through the pages.

Don’t give it to them next time; keep it in reserve and see what happens...

Don’t give it to them next time; keep it in reserve and see what happens...
After last year's experience I fully intended to keep it in reserve this year. However, as we all know, things are seldom the same two years running. They change the reporting requirements like other people change their underpants.

Back