90 day and extension

50 minutes there, 50 minutes back and less than 5 minutes in Immigration (including the joke telling).

Visa extension based on retirement day 16th. 1st visited SCB in Surin to get the Bank confirmation letter They re not used to doing this proceedure,so I had 3 staff
trying to complete the task.Fee B 200 & lettr given + statement of last 3 mths transactions.Out there at 9am & went back to house to collect all the papers.
Arrived S I at 10.30 & they seemed to be reasonably busy with 90 days,re-entry & another 12mths extension,so nothing much happened until 11am.
They wanted completed TM7,photo,Passport + copy,SCB confrmation letter + 3 mths statement.Checked my SCB passbook,Wanted copy of my "Yellow Book".
My wife also gave them Copy of I D card & copy of House Book. We paid a fee B 1900 & did a 90 day check in at the same time.(Next 90 dys due Apr/15th).
IO didn t mention a Home Visit at all. ( I ve never had one yet - as I was already 70 when they started doing them.
Always pleased to get out of there(mission completed)without anything adverse happening.
NB - Posted on this thread,I note there s nothing since mid Nov,although I remember JohnB & Coffee posting Dec/Jan time & wanted to follow on from their
comments.

Infact the service at SI wasn t the same as before,as they seemed to be short of a IO. When the IO called me over,he started asking for this & that
but was then called away for a little while.Whilst he was away,I sorted out the other things they asked for 12 mths ago & gave them to him on his retn.
He then asked for wife s I/D +copy & her House book + copy.
I always photocopy all the items they re going to want,prior to the visit.
NB When I keyed onto SF .com/forum early this morning,this thread was showing on "Whats new" but I couldn t look at any topic as the system
kept asking me to sign in again!
When I looked again aftr lunchtime,it s not on the "Whats new" but back on the data bases list of threads/topics. Any ideas why it was switched
so soon(within 24hrs) when other stuff stays on Pages 1 to 6 Whats new for a very long time.
Maybe it s a "Systems fault",as I do notice similar actions from time t time.

NB When I keyed onto SF .com/forum early this morning,this thread was showing on "Whats new" but I couldn t look at any topic as the system
kept asking me to sign in again!

AFAIK, <What's New> covers post that you haven't already seen. I tend to use <Recent> which quotes all items posted in the last 'n' days, whether seen or not. It they haven't been viewed then they are highlighted in bold.

I extended based on retirement on Tuesday.
Everything went smoothly visa stamped in my passport.
But then I was told I had to go back 27th March which I assumed was a 90 day report because I entered through Mae Sot after a very brief trip into Myanmar on the 2nd January - leaving me too early to do my 9o day on Tuesday
(I can now brag I have been to Myanmar but the town just over the border Tachilek is a real dump but I liked the hilly area along the border on the Thai side of the border)

I extended based on retirement on Tuesday.
Everything went smoothly visa stamped in my passport.
But then I was told I had to go back 27th March which I assumed was a 90 day report because I entered through Mae Sot after a very brief trip into Myanmar on the 2nd January - leaving me too early to do my 9o day on Tuesday
(I can now brag I have been to Myanmar but the town just over the border Tachilek is a real dump but I liked the hilly area along the border on the Thai side of the border)
I am not so sure that you can assume that it is your 90-day report. In fact, from January 2nd that is only 84 and not 90 days to 27th March. However, it is 30 days from when you did your 12 month extension to your visa. May I suggest you ask Wood to check the stamp that you have in your passport. When I renewed my annual extension in December my wife was told that future applicants would only receive a 30 day temporary extension pending a satifactory home vist by S.I. Therefore, I am suspicious that you may have only a temporary 30 day extension? By my counting, your 90-day report is due on Mon 2nd April (Easter Monday). You will be able to do your 90-day report on 27th March as that can be done 2 weeks before and 1 week after the due date.

Did my 9o day report and extension at Buriram Immigration today. About 40 minutes for my lot. It was a breeze. The IMO's were very pleasant and helpful.
Yes agree , have been there and had no problems great place but you have to live in the buriram Area to do it there .

I am not so sure that you can assume that it is your 90-day report. In fact, from January 2nd that is only 84 and not 90 days to 27th March. However, it is 30 days from when you did your 12 month extension to your visa. May I suggest you ask Wood to check the stamp that you have in your passport. When I renewed my annual extension in December my wife was told that future applicants would only receive a 30 day temporary extension pending a satifactory home vist by S.I. Therefore, I am suspicious that you may have only a temporary 30 day extension? By my counting, your 90-day report is due on Mon 2nd April (Easter Monday). You will be able to do your 90-day report on 27th March as that can be done 2 weeks before and 1 week after the due date.
Nomad the stamp is in English and the relevant part reads "Surin Immigration RETIREMENT Extension of stay permitted upto 8 March 2019 ...."

Nomad the stamp is in English and the relevant part reads "Surin Immigration RETIREMENT Extension of stay permitted upto 8 March 2019 ...."

One has to wonder if it will be feasible for Thai Immigration procedures ever to make any sense.

Not in my lifetime, I guess.

Very happy to hear that. One could ask, "Why 8 March 2018 and not 27th February 2018?" But then again I find it easy to add 365 days to an existing date but perhaps S.I. can not. C'est la vie!

Back