90 day and extension

Nope, no typo, my T.M. 6 departure card is stamp dated May 28, 2018, and my passport also stamped May 28, 2018.
The " enter before" date on the Visa is 26 Feb. 2019.

As I mentioned, I am new at this process/visa as I previously had retirement when it was simply tell the US Embassy what to write down on the letter, but I have been back to work in the States since 2012, and now I have retired again and my intention is to get an extension of stay based on marriage to Thai using the 400,000 in the bank.

My understanding from Thai Immigration at Kap Choeng is to get the Non Immi O that I have done, then go see them in about 60 days to have them convert this to an extension of stay/marriage to Thai/400,000 baht in bank. I think I will be put "under consideration" and they will do a home visit...all good by me, no problems.

It is also my understanding that during the first year of this extension I will need to go out of country every 90 days, which is the reason I chose to do a multi entry. After the first year I can do my 90 day reports at Kap Choeng or online if that's available.

Please, if anyone that absolutely knows that I am in error in any of my intentions, please, please let me know. Also, do I need to go to Savannakhet every year to reobtain the Non-Immi O ?? In other words, do I have to repeat this same process every year?

Thanks for any help!
mario299

What confused Rice was you did not spell it out on your op and the way it was written diffidently looks like it was a typo. This post you have made it very clear.

Nope, no typo, my T.M. 6 departure card is stamp dated May 28, 2018, and my passport also stamped May 28, 2018.
The " enter before" date on the Visa is 26 Feb. 2019.

As I mentioned, I am new at this process/visa as I previously had retirement when it was simply tell the US Embassy what to write down on the letter, but I have been back to work in the States since 2012, and now I have retired again and my intention is to get an extension of stay based on marriage to Thai using the 400,000 in the bank.

My understanding from Thai Immigration at Kap Choeng is to get the Non Immi O that I have done, then go see them in about 60 days to have them convert this to an extension of stay/marriage to Thai/400,000 baht in bank. I think I will be put "under consideration" and they will do a home visit...all good by me, no problems.

It is also my understanding that during the first year of this extension I will need to go out of country every 90 days, which is the reason I chose to do a multi entry. After the first year I can do my 90 day reports at Kap Choeng or online if that's available.

Please, if anyone that absolutely knows that I am in error in any of my intentions, please, please let me know. Also, do I need to go to Savannakhet every year to reobtain the Non-Immi O ?? In other words, do I have to repeat this same process every year?

Thanks for any help!
mario299
GL, is this right? Once Mario is given a 12 month extension of stay based on marriage will he still need to do border hops every 90 days? Surely, all he will need to do is his 90-day report.

On any 90 day section of his visa with 2 weeks remaining of that section he can go to SI and start the conversion. At the end of that 90 day period on his visa he goes to a under consideration 30 day period which is part of the overall 12 months marriage extension, during this under consideration period he will have a home visit by SI finest. After that all paperwork will be sent to Korat for approval. His under consideration date of 30 days will be noted and that is the date he is to return to SI, if that date is on a weekend he can go on the following Friday. SI will not give you the final 11 months earlier. Now he has the final 11 months extension. At this point it will de noted on his 90 day reporting that he must do. Also if he wishes to depart Thailand he will need to get re entry permit to protect his extension.

GL, is this right? Once Mario is given a 12 month extension of stay based on marriage will he still need to do border hops every 90 days? Surely, all he will need to do is his 90-day report.

My initial retirement gave me 15 months and no border runs, just 90 day reporting at Jomtien. Maybe it’s different for a marriage one? dunno

Better off just doing the Savannakhet trip every year and crossing to Laos or Cambodia every 90 days. Don't have to deal with the phsycos at Kap Cheong either.

My initial retirement gave me 15 months and no border runs, just 90 day reporting at Jomtien. Maybe it’s different for a marriage one? dunno

Your initial retirement of 15 months from SinCity Imigration is the only Immigration in Thailand that does that.

Better off just doing the Savannakhet trip every year and crossing to Laos or Cambodia every 90 days. Don't have to deal with the phsycos at Kap Cheong either.

A very valid point but to each their own. I personally like the Multi O as it gives me a reason to go out and see more of Thailand.

Your initial retirement of 15 months from SinCity Imigration is the only Immigration in Thailand that does that.

The law did change shortly before I applied and they had to take my passport to BKK. The authorities stopped Pattaya from doing it. Wouldn’t be surprised to find it’s changed back by now.

The law did change shortly before I applied and they had to take my passport to BKK. The authorities stopped Pattaya from doing it. Wouldn’t be surprised to find it’s changed back by now.

BKK was tired of not getting their cut.:D

BKK was tired of not getting their cut.:D

For info.. All extensions be it retirement or marriage have to start from a 90 day O-visa. A tourist visa (60 day) or a 30 day visa exempt if you have 15 days remaining on either can be converted over to the 90 day tourist visa. For us in this area Surin Immigration will do this. All info is sent to Korat approved and sent back to SI.

On any 90 day section of his visa with 2 weeks remaining of that section he can go to SI and start the conversion. At the end of that 90 day period on his visa he goes to a under consideration 30 day period which is part of the overall 12 months marriage extension, during this under consideration period he will have a home visit by SI finest. After that all paperwork will be sent to Korat for approval. His under consideration date of 30 days will be noted and that is the date he is to return to SI, if that date is on a weekend he can go on the following Friday. SI will not give you the final 11 months earlier. Now he has the final 11 months extension. At this point it will de noted on his 90 day reporting that he must do. Also if he wishes to depart Thailand he will need to get re entry permit to protect his extension.

Excellent summary....... following Monday though, not Friday.

I have even considered marrying to qualify for the multiple Non-Imm O.

I detest all immigration offices - and all dealings with them.

Meanwhile in Newcastle, the lasses wait for the bus.

28279990_1787907588170154_7805376067665285596_n.jpg

I would have thought that dealing with bankers for many years, dealing with Immigration would be like water off a duck's back for you.

Yep.....immigration would give you an umbrella in the dry season...... and take it back in July..

Back