90 day and extension

Okay, step #2 completed today...went to Kap Choeng SI to give them paperwork for extension of my first Multi-O based on marriage obtained at Savannakhet about 60 days ago. As this is my first one, it ended up being a couple hour thing and a ton of paperwork to sign. My only error was having gone to my Bangkok Bank branch in Prasat for the statement of 400,000 Bht in the bank, as SI would not accept it... it had to come from the Bangkok Bank in Kap Cheong.

I am now 'Under Consideration', and was told we will get a home visit next week for verification with our Poo Yai Ban and a neighbor. My next visit to Kap Choeng is June 27, and hopefully that will start my one year of Non Immigrant O based on marriage to a Thai.

mario299

Okay, step #2 completed today...went to Kap Choeng SI to give them paperwork for extension of my first Multi-O based on marriage obtained at Savannakhet about 60 days ago. As this is my first one, it ended up being a couple hour thing and a ton of paperwork to sign. My only error was having gone to my Bangkok Bank branch in Prasat for the statement of 400,000 Bht in the bank, as SI would not accept it... it had to come from the Bangkok Bank in Kap Cheong.

I am now 'Under Consideration', and was told we will get a home visit next week for verification with our Poo Yai Ban and a neighbor. My next visit to Kap Choeng is June 27, and hopefully that will start my one year of Non Immigrant O based on marriage to a Thai.

mario299

The 12 month total started the moment they put you under consideration. All you will get is the other 11 months tacked on.

He said wrong form, and the one from Kap Choeng was slightly different, however one of the forms I had to sign at both banks was exactly the same. Each time cost 100 Bht.
Small potatoes, but cost extra time and effort. Bottom line though...done!

He said wrong form, and the one from Kap Choeng was slightly different, however one of the forms I had to sign at both banks was exactly the same. Each time cost 100 Bht.
Small potatoes, but cost extra time and effort. Bottom line though...done!
Why does this not surprise me. Probably an excuse to cover up someone’s lack of understanding in the job that he/she gets paid for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still a little confused about the one month "under consideration" (It only has happened to me once).

My permission to stay expires on 27th June 2018. If I apply for another year on 16th May 2018 and a home visit is required, will I be issued with a 30 day "under consideration" stamp therefore requiring a return to SI on 15th June 2018?

Unbelievable what you men have to go through to stay in thailand.
But that’s thailand
My thai partner now lives in Australia with me we decided she can have a much, much better life in Australia.
She gets to work , the money at the moment is just ok till she gets full time work, but it is $110 for 6 hours work plus on top of that get paid Superannuation 10 % .
She’s been at it for 5 months send money home to mum every month 7,000 thai bht , witch is great .
Has like $5,000 in her bank now , witch she would never have in thailand in that short Period of time .
She get free doctors and hospital but pays for medicine and lots of that medicine comes under the government PPS , means the government covers the cost of 70 % of the expensive medicine .
Can live here no reporting to immigration
Gets Australian citizenship after four years .
Can buy home or land .
What I am saying is , the thai government needs to wake up and let men or woman from other countries have something the same .
You men or women that live in thailand full time put millions of millions of money in to thailand and they still make it so hard for you all to live .
I not saying that westerners should take thai jobs away from thais , I am saying that if you are supporting Your self ‘s with your money from out side of thailand then you should be able to live in thailand trouble free,
With no immigration Bs .

Why does this not surprise me. Probably an excuse to cover up someone’s lack of understanding in the job that he/she gets paid for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed...both of the forms from each bank branch were statement/warranty of the 400,000 Baht in the account but I think it was simply that the IO wanted the same form that they are used to. What he said to my wife was that "the Kap Choeng branch is the only one that does it right", which means to me it's the only one he's used to seeing.

mario299

Agreed...both of the forms from each bank branch were statement/warranty of the 400,000 Baht in the account but I think it was simply that the IO wanted the same form that they are used to. What he said to my wife was that "the Kap Choeng branch is the only one that does it right", which means to me it's the only one he's used to seeing.

mario299

Was the forum dated the same day of your visit ?

mario299

It's just clicked that you are talking of "forms". When I've applied for extensions in the past, the bank (Kasikorn, Surin) don't issue a "form" just a letter of confirmation of the balance of my account. Said letter and copies of my passbook have sufficed.

From my post May 2, 2018:
I am now 'Under Consideration', and was told we will get a home visit next week for verification with our Poo Yai Ban and a neighbor.

Okay, the week has passed and no home visit from Immigration. Now, do we have to just sit around waiting for them to do the home visit on "Thai time"...whenever?? Could be an imposition on my timing as I've got several things planned away from just sitting at home for the next few weeks.

Should I call SI and ask, or would that be pushing it? When they say they will do a home visit, do they always do a home visit?

Anyone's help, advice or experience is greatly appreciated.

mario299

I am now 'Under Consideration', and was told we will get a home visit next week for verification with our Poo Yai Ban and a neighbor.

Okay, the week has passed and no home visit from Immigration. Now, do we have to just sit around waiting for them to do the home visit on "Thai time"...whenever?? Could be an imposition on my timing as I've got several things planned away from just sitting at home for the next few weeks.

Should I call SI and ask, or would that be pushing it? When they say they will do a home visit, do they always do a home visit?

mario299

I'm only going by my single experience. It was getting close to the 30 days (27) and we'd heard nothing. My wife rang them and asked "are you coming or not?". They said that they'd been very busy and agreed to visit on the next day, which they did. The IO's organised the Poo Yai Baan (and her second in command) although we could have done it ourselves if required.

mario299

Marrio299 On your first marriage extension YES the do a home visit on your next following marriage extensions they normal do not but you will still be on 30 day under consideration every year. SI will give your wife a call before they come out. You could have your wife call but I don't think it will help. All you can do is tough it out they will show up.

Thanks, and since my next visit to Immigration is so far away (June 27), I think I will just hope they call the wife before the visit and do my things as needed. Nothing I need to do will have me more than 45 minutes or so from home, so if they call I can be here no problem.

If it does start getting close like Yorky's, then I will have the Lovely wife make a call. Thanks again for the help.

mario299

Step #3 completed last night with the home visit. SI man called the wife at 5:00 pm to say he was in Prasat (15 minutes away), and on his way. One and a half hours later he showed, he had to stop to buy a printer. Next was, did we have any print paper? (We did)...then, do you have a charger for my Acer laptop? (I did).

Finally got to interviews with our trusted neighbor and the PooYai, a few questions for the lovely wife, absolutely nothing for me, a few pictures of all of us and him, and done at about 9:00 pm. Next visit to Kap Cheong will be June 27th, and hopefully completely done...until next year.

mario299.

Strange they don't do home visits to check on residence of 'aliens' with witness ID papers in the "Land of the Free" along with 90- day reporting to an Immigration office. ;)

(Possibly that suggestion can be passed on up the line.)

Back