90 day and extension

Yesterday was the day for my 90-day report. I did not try the online report because it has never worked for me. I looked at the weather and delayed my early morning departure, waiting for the heavy early morning rain to clear. It did and the drive to S.I. was largely dry and without event. We arrived shortly after 10.30 to be greeted by standing room only. Oh dear! Could be stuck here for several hours I thought. My fears were soon confirmed when an argumentative American from Sikhor was demanding to see where it was written that he had to bring his wife to renew / or obtain a 12 month extension to his visa based on marriage. He was ranting on and the I.O. repeatedly told him to be quiet and shut up. He soon tied up all three of the I.O.s and I could see this was not good for the rest of us. I think he had two issues to resolve. First, his 90 day report was due now while his 12 month extension was not due until 4 September, some 64 days from 4th June. The I.O. was telling him as politely as possible that they could not process his application outside of the 45 day window. Furthermore, when he did apply within the 45 day window they wanted his wife to be with him. In the end he did get a date-limited 90 day report, good until 4th September, and was still arguing the toss after we had left. My wife, bless her, enquired about the queue for 90-day reports and I was called straight away to be processed. Judging by their conversations with my wife, "we were here before you", I don't think the the other Farang wives were too impressed when I was fast tracked. However, I was only there for the 90 day report while they, I'm pretty sure, were on 12 month extensions based on marriage, a much longer process as we all know. In the past, S.I. has usually fast-tracked 90-day reports, a measure I fully support, as it makes no sense to keep people waiting for hours for a simple job that takes less than a minute or so to do. In the end my worst fears were unfounded and I was in and out within 15 minutes.

The office boss was heard to say in Thai, "Why is it always the Americans that give us so much trouble." I think I would have added, and from Sikhor too. LOL! :D:D:D

Last edited:
Yesterday was the day for my 90-day report. I did not try the online report because it has never worked for me. I looked at the weather and delayed my early morning departure, waiting for the heavy early morning rain to clear. It did and the drive to S.I. was largely dry and without event. We arrived shortly after 10.30 to be greeted by standing room only. Oh dear! Could be stuck here for several hours I thought. My fears were soon confirmed when an argumentative American from Sikhor was demanding to see where it was written that he had to bring his wife to renew / or obtain a 12 month extension to his visa based on marriage. He was ranting on and the I.O. repeatedly told him to be quiet and shut up. He soon tied up all three of the I.O.s and I could see this was not good for the rest of us. I think he had two issues to resolve. First, his 90 day report was due now while his 12 month extension was not due until 4 September, some 64 days from 4th June. The I.O. was telling him as politely as possible that they could not process his application outside of the 45 day window. Furthermore, when he did apply within the 45 day window they wanted his wife to be with him. In the end he did get a date-limited 90 day report, good until 4th September, and was still arguing the toss after we had left. My wife, bless her, enquired about the queue for 90-day reports and I was called straight away to be processed. Judging by their conversations with my wife, "we were here before you", I don't think the the other Farang wives were too impressed when I was fast tracked. However, I was only there for the 90 day report while they, I'm pretty sure, were on 12 month extensions based on marriage, a much longer process as we all know. In the past, S.I. has usually fast-tracked 90-day reports, a measure I fully support, as it makes no sense to keep people waiting for hours for a simple job that takes less than a minute or so to do. In the end my worst fears were unfounded and I was in and out within 15 minutes.

The office boss was heard to say in Thai, "Why is it always the Americans that give us so much trouble." I think I would have added, and from Sikhor too. LOL! :D:D:D

Hey ! Are you casting for a Sturgeons. Nice fish. You might of caught one.

And big bastards too.......................

20110503_sturgeondanube.jpg

I’m my limited experience I’ve found early afternoon to be considerably less busy than the morning. I get fast tracked too.

I’m my limited experience I’ve found early afternoon to be considerably less busy than the morning. I get fast tracked too.

I've been "fast tracked" for the last two years 90 day reporting. I usually go mornings, get it over with. However, my last report coincided with my extension application and by the time we left the bank it would have been close to midday when we arrived at SI (not good). Anyway, we delayed arrival until just after lunch but unfortunately there were three "applicunts" still left over from the morning (incorrect/insufficient paperwork). If those three had got their ducks in a row, I'd have been at the front of the queue and out in no time.

My post has shown twice. However, I'm not deleting one as the last time I tried that, both disappeared.

No a sturgeons taken by me lately, but had many in my neck of the woods back home. As for giving problems to the IOs at Kap Cheong, ain't gunna happen by me. I always show up polite and fully prepared with the lovely wife leading the charge. Has worked to a charm so far and will keep it that way.

mario299

@Rice I understand the sturgeons are known as Royal Fish in the U.K. but I've never come across the expression "casting for Sturgeons" used.

What is the meaning or intent in your usage above ?

@Rice I understand the sturgeons are known as Royal Fish in the U.K. but I've never come across the expression "casting for Sturgeons" used.

What is the meaning or intent in your usage above ?
I take it to mean "was I casting for a big fish" and yes, I was, casting for Rice who is larger than most.

I've been "fast tracked" for the last two years 90 day reporting. I usually go mornings, get it over with. However, my last report coincided with my extension application and by the time we left the bank it would have been close to midday when we arrived at SI (not good). Anyway, we delayed arrival until just after lunch but unfortunately there were three "applicunts" still left over from the morning (incorrect/insufficient paperwork). If those three had got their ducks in a row, I'd have been at the front of the queue and out in no time.

Typical Thai... always blaming others!...

Silly me, I took it as Rice meant "casting aspersions", regarding the American at Immigration.

mario299

On the odd occasions that I had to make use of KC in the past, I always arrived before opening time, and being first was promptly dealt with. I accept that those requiring extensions, and thereby documents from the bank of the same day have little chance of arriving early.

My only visit to Buriram - just over year ago for a re-entry - was also an early morning arrival. I was ushered into the office at 8.20 and offerred a cup of coffee.

Oops - Sorry for hi-jacking the thread, as I have just realised it is to do with 90 day reporting.:blush:

On the odd occasions that I had to make use of KC in the past, I always arrived before opening time, and being first was promptly dealt with. I accept that those requiring extensions, and thereby documents from the bank of the same day have little chance of arriving early.

My only visit to Buriram - just over year ago for a re-entry - was also an early morning arrival. I was ushered into the office at 8.20 and offerred a cup of coffee.

Oops - Sorry for hi-jacking the thread, as I have just realised it is to do with 90 day reporting.:blush:

When KCI reopened June 2012 many a time they did not open until 9 am and they stunk like a brewery.;;exciting;;;;greedy;;;;haha;;;;bad simle;;;;bad simle;;

Did the extension this morning. In and out in 1 hour, it would've been 45 minutes but when he finished it he put it to one side and made me sit there waiting.
As for the same day bank letter if 4 farrang a day go to Bangkok bank in kc that's about 100000 bht a year. Wonder if that's owt to do with it. [emoji848]

Back