90 day and extension

Did the extension this morning. In and out in 1 hour, it would've been 45 minutes but when he finished it he put it to one side and made me sit there waiting.
As for the same day bank letter if 4 farrang a day go to Bangkok bank in kc that's about 100000 bht a year. Wonder if that's owt to do with it. [emoji848]
At 100 baht a letter, 104,400 baht to be exact! And I wonder if they process that through the books with a receipt.

Last edited:
Did the extension this morning. In and out in 1 hour, it would've been 45 minutes but when he finished it he put it to one side and made me sit there waiting.
As for the same day bank letter if 4 farrang a day go to Bangkok bank in kc that's about 100000 bht a year. Wonder if that's owt to do with it. [emoji848]

5 bank letters daily is B1,000.
Yup, that £25 makes a huge difference, heh.
And the thieving bastards are charging another £100 to handle your application and stamp your one-year extension. :flushed:

Wondering, what does your 'Embassy' charge (in total) for its services such as a simple pension verification letter ?

And the thieving bastards are charging another £100 to handle your application and stamp your one-year extension. :flushed:

Wondering, what does your 'Embassy' charge (in total) for its services such as a simple pension verification letter ?
FFS Coffee

And it's only 1,900 baht for a 12 month extension. And yes, the British Embassy do charge 2,300 baht for an income letter - now they are the real thieving bastards.

I'm at a loss with reference to the £100.00 charge. It could be that I'm having a bad day - @nookiebear had to reprimand me for the incorrect arithmetic in this week's order.

confused.jpg

Oh, I thought it was about the charge for the letter service at the bank.

I'm with you on that, Robjak.
That same-day letter is seriously ridiculous.

(I'm not sure why...but it never hurts to ask. Please remind me to inquire come October.)

Oh, I thought it was about the charge for the letter service at the bank.

I'm with you on that, Robjak.
That same-day letter is seriously ridiculous.

(I'm not sure why...but it never hurts to ask. Please remind me to inquire come October.)
More ridiculous is the fact that the same day letter must come from the Bangkok Bank branch in Kap Cheong only, cannot be a same day letter from our Prasat branch, as I found out last trip. Paid the 100 baht twice also...

Back around 2004 I asked three senior representatives of Bangkok Bank (Surin) why I needed to have a work permit to allow me to have internet banking?

"It's written, that's why!"

Always seem to remind me about the 5 monkeys and the ladder story.

A group of scientists placed five monkeys in a cage, and in the middle, a ladder with bananas on top.
Every time a monkey went up the ladder, the scientists soaked the rest of the monkeys with cold water.
After a while, every time a monkey would start up the ladder, the others would pull it down and beat it up.
After a time, no monkey would dare try climbing the ladder, no matter how great the temptation.
The scientists then decided to replace one of the monkeys. The first thing this new monkey did was start to climb the ladder. Immediately, the others pulled him down and beat him up.
After several beatings, the new monkey learned never to go up the ladder, even though there was no evident reason not to, aside from the beatings.
The second monkey was substituted and the same occurred. The first monkey participated in the beating of the second monkey. A third monkey was changed and the same was repeated. The fourth monkey was changed, resulting in the same, before the fifth was finally replaced as well.
What was left was a group of five monkeys that – without ever having received a cold shower – continued to beat up any monkey who attempted to climb the ladder.
If it was possible to ask the monkeys why they beat up on all those who attempted to climb the ladder, their most likely answer would be “I don’t know. It’s just how things are done around here.”

Does that sound at all familiar?

Back