90 day and extension

Strange they don't do home visits to check on residence of 'aliens' with witness ID papers in the "Land of the Free" along with 90- day reporting to an Immigration office. ;)

(Possibly that suggestion can be passed on up the line.)

There's a lot that "the west" could learn from Thailand and there's a lot that Thailand could learn from "the west". It's a pity that neither give a shit.

Strange they don't do home visits to check on residence of 'aliens' with witness ID papers in the "Land of the Free" along with 90- day reporting to an Immigration office. ;)

(Possibly that suggestion can be passed on up the line.)

But wouldn't that be violating the rights of the Illegal Aliens? (asking for a friend...)
mario299

Go ahead Mario - fact check that quote attributed to Pelosi.
It's bullshyte and is an undocumented hoax. :sunglasses:

What was your source ?

Another example of fake news. ;;ironman;;
Now please feel free to try and answer my question again.

Ha, ha, ha...it was a joke Coffee, get real. Ha, ha, ha...the RIGHTS of ILLEGAL (yup) ILLEGAL immigrants. My source...if it's so important...is SNOPES, calling it false. Ha, ha, ha.

mario299

@mario299
No seriously Mario - I was wondering as to which website you downloaded that from.
I want to know the names of politically-based and/or erroneous fact sites so that I can check them out online to see what they're on about.
I just Googled 'Nancy Pelosi Illegal Immigrants Rights' and got that picture from Snopes, in order to continue the joke I made in post #183 about violating their "rights".
You still don't get it?

Everyone could have equal rights so long as violations aren’t brought into the equation

Just to clarify, there was no question of 30 day "under consideration" or "house visits" for my extension of stay based upon retirement.

I did my 90 day report (5 days late) and my 1 year extension (42 days early) today. Although the office was busy, I was out in 1 hour 20 minutes.

@Yorky
Do you recall the name of the IO that served you before the Supervisor signed off on your extension of retirement visa ?

Did your wife go with you to show her identification and/ or sign any papers ?

You need not quote @Yorky if you are quoting my post direct.

No, I don't recall the IO's name, he was the most senior of the bunch (below the big boss) and sat at the right hand side. He was sat in the same place 90 and 180 days before.

My wife went with me but she signed nothing at the SI office. Copies of her ID and housepaper were included in my application pack which she had, of course, previously signed as legitimate copies. She was not required to show the originals of either document.

I was obviously required to show the original of my passport but not the originals of my bank passbook pages.

[Originals of all documents were, of course, in the briefcase in the truck - just in case]

It's best to know whom you're speaking with particularly in a matter of importance such as an extension (IMHO).

At the very least addressing the IO by his name or inquiring his name would show some respect for him as a person and his position.
Possibly your wife would remember his name.

In most likelihood Captain Rung who happens to speak English very well handled your application today.

So, my "information pack" consisted of:

My TM7 form duly completed and signed with photograph.

A copy of my passport page with my photograph.

A copy of the page of my passport upon which Immigration had transferred my initial visa (dated 2002) from the original passport in which it was entered.

A copy of each page of my passport on which was detailed my extensions of stay from 2010 to 2018.

A copy of the page of my passport which contained my last entry stamp into Thailand.

A copy of the TM6 which was pinned into my passport.

The original of the letter from my bank (Kasikorn) which confirmed the amount that was held in the bank in my name on the date of the application for extension.

Copies of my Kasikorn Bank passbook pages (front page and each subsequent page up to the application date - I always withdraw a few k prior to entering the bank to ensure the dates match). If you have a new book less than three months prior to the application, copies of the previous book also.

A copy of my wife's I.D.

A copy of my wife's housepaper.

A wei and a smile and a sawasdee krup.

Back