90 day and extension

Very happy to hear that. One could ask, "Why 8 March 2018 and not 27th February 2018?" But then again I find it easy to add 365 days to an existing date but perhaps S.I. can not. C'est la vie!

I always apply early (this year will be 45 days early). The extension is always 365/6 days from the date of the previous expiry date, irrelevant of when you apply.

Returned from Savannakhet last night with Non-Immigrant O visa in my passport...mission accomplished...good until May 28, 2018. This is my first of these so it is definitely a learning experience, but the process was very easy. We drove to Mukdahan on Monday, and stayed the night at the Riverfront Hotel right on the Mekong. Cost was 900 baht and included a great breakfast on the 6th floor with a beautiful view of the river.

On Tuesday at 07:30 am, they let us park our truck in their covered lot for 100 baht and we took a tuk tuk to the Friendship Bridge, (100 baht each, so 200 baht), then through Thai Immigration, catch the bus (50 baht each) go across the bridge and through Lao Immigration (1500 baht for me, nothing for the Mrs.), then you have choices on getting to Thai Consulate. There is another bus that can take you to the bus station and then take tuk tuk to Consulate or tuk tuks or air con mini-vans...up to you!

We selected a mini-van, as the driver offered :
a. Drive to Consulate only 200 baht
b. Drive to Consulate, wait for us then drive us to hotel. 400 baht
c. Drive to Consulate, wait for us then drive us to Wat (wife wanted this), drive us to shopping area (again, wife wanted this), then drive us to hotel for a beer (I wanted this). 800 baht.

Obviously we selected option C, so the Consulate visit took 15 minutes tops...just fill out a form and give them the passport, copies of passport, marriage cert (did have to show original flowery KorOr 2 but they gave it right back), house book, etc, then they gave ticket with number and said come back 2 pm tomorrow Wednesday to pick up passport.
The driver waited for us, then took us to the Wat and shopping area and waited some more, then took us to hotel.

His next offer was to pick us up on Wednesday at 1:30 pm to take us to Consulate, wait for us then take us back to Friendship Bridge...400 baht. Great deal all around, great mini-van and driver, highly recommended!

Our hotel in Savannakhet was the Avalon Residence, not very far from Consulate, 593 baht per night...just the basics here, no breakfast included, 2 bath towels only,no wash rag or hand towel, but had restaurant next door and others very close and there was Beer Lao available everywhere!

All in all a very easy experience. The passport and Non-Imm O were ready 2 pm sharp on Weds, and we were through Lao Immi and Thai Immi and to our truck by 4:30 pm, ready to head home. Some pictures attached are Mukdahan, at and near the Riverfront Hotel.
mario299 and the lovely Mrs.

IMG_0446.JPG IMG_0450.JPG IMG_0447.JPG IMG_0462.JPG

Returned from Savannakhet last night with Non-Immigrant O visa in my passport...mission accomplished...good until May 28, 2018. This is my first of these so it is definitely a learning experience, but the process was very easy. We drove to Mukdahan on Monday, and stayed the night at the Riverfront Hotel right on the Mekong. Cost was 900 baht and included a great breakfast on the 6th floor with a beautiful view of the river.

On Tuesday at 07:30 am, they let us park our truck in their covered lot for 100 baht and we took a tuk tuk to the Friendship Bridge, (100 baht each, so 200 baht), then through Thai Immigration, catch the bus (50 baht each) go across the bridge and through Lao Immigration (1500 baht for me, nothing for the Mrs.), then you have choices on getting to Thai Consulate. There is another bus that can take you to the bus station and then take tuk tuk to Consulate or tuk tuks or air con mini-vans...up to you!

We selected a mini-van, as the driver offered :
a. Drive to Consulate only 200 baht
b. Drive to Consulate, wait for us then drive us to hotel. 400 baht
c. Drive to Consulate, wait for us then drive us to Wat (wife wanted this), drive us to shopping area (again, wife wanted this), then drive us to hotel for a beer (I wanted this). 800 baht.

Obviously we selected option C, so the Consulate visit took 15 minutes tops...just fill out a form and give them the passport, copies of passport, marriage cert (did have to show original flowery KorOr 2 but they gave it right back), house book, etc, then they gave ticket with number and said come back 2 pm tomorrow Wednesday to pick up passport.
The driver waited for us, then took us to the Wat and shopping area and waited some more, then took us to hotel.

His next offer was to pick us up on Wednesday at 1:30 pm to take us to Consulate, wait for us then take us back to Friendship Bridge...400 baht. Great deal all around, great mini-van and driver, highly recommended!

Our hotel in Savannakhet was the Avalon Residence, not very far from Consulate, 593 baht per night...just the basics here, no breakfast included, 2 bath towels only,no wash rag or hand towel, but had restaurant next door and others very close and there was Beer Lao available everywhere!

All in all a very easy experience. The passport and Non-Imm O were ready 2 pm sharp on Weds, and we were through Lao Immi and Thai Immi and to our truck by 4:30 pm, ready to head home. Some pictures attached are Mukdahan, at and near the Riverfront Hotel.
mario299 and the lovely Mrs.

I think that this post and the subsequent post deserve a new thread Mr @Moderators ?

Thanks Mario, we love going to Mukdahan for a small getaway as a family.

I stayed at The river side on my first trip and did the car park thing. On my next trip I will be driving our car across as now I have done Cambodia, I will now do Laos.
Bye the way Mario was that a multi you got or a single?

I stayed at The river side on my first trip and did the car park thing. On my next trip I will be driving our car across as now I have done Cambodia, I will now do Laos.

"good until May 28, 2018." Defiantly a MULTI.

Multi, 5000 baht

Yo
u better check first, there was a farang behind me that rented a car in Thailand and they wouldn’t let him in Laos. He was very upset, yelling at his Thai lady, etc, but did him no good. Perhaps insurance probs in Lao??

How can you tell with that data set GL? That only tells me he has 3 months.

DAAAA. Today is March 1 2017. May 28, 2018 is like over 1 year off. He got his visa issued on Feb 28 and adding the extra 90 days go can get out of these it takes him to about May 28, 2018 for a total of 15 months. What he did not give is the ENTER BY (date) on the visa which is KEY.

Yo

u better check first, there was a farang behind me that rented a car in Thailand and they wouldn’t let him in Laos. He was very upset, yelling at his Thai lady, etc, but did him no good. Perhaps insurance probs in Lao??

Rice owns his car or his wife does.:D NO problem. Just another idiot moron farang.:rolleyes:

DAAAA. Today is March 1 2017. May 28, 2018 is like over 1 year off. He got his visa issued on Feb 28 and adding the extra 90 days go can get out of these it takes him to about May 28, 2018 for a total of 15 months. What he did not give is the ENTER BY (date) on the visa which is KEY.

EEERRRRRR ! GL ! What date is it today ? Now think carefully. :cool::cool::rolleyes:o_O

EEERRRRRR ! GL ! What date is it today ? Now think carefully. :cool::cool::rolleyes:o_O

OK I give.
cheesy.gif
Looks like he made a typo. Should read Mat 28,2019.

Yo

In this case it is not the insurance. It is that you must own your car. The owner must supply the blue book at the border to get a temporary export document. With entry into to Laos you also need a car passport and prominently display the T for Thailand on your rear window. The bit about car insurance for Laos, I still have to find out. That's why I want to drive.
OK I give.
cheesy.gif
Looks like he made a typo. Should read Mat 28,2019.

cheesy.gif
cheesy.gif
cheesy.gif
I knew what you had done. It is not often I get one up on you GL. I will savour the moment. While I can.

In this case it is not the insurance. It is that you must own your car. The owner must supply the blue book at the border to get a temporary export document. With entry into to Laos you also need a car passport and prominently display the T for Thailand on your rear window. The bit about car insurance for Laos, I still have to find out. That's why I want to drive.

cheesy.gif
cheesy.gif
cheesy.gif
I knew what you had done. It is not often I get one up on you GL. I will savour the moment. While I can.
Huh

I've taken my car in to Laos several times. You get the insurance at the Laos checkpoint..few hundred baht only.

Oh Mario I thank you made a typo, I would thank you mean 2019.;)
Nope, no typo, my T.M. 6 departure card is stamp dated May 28, 2018, and my passport also stamped May 28, 2018.
The " enter before" date on the Visa is 26 Feb. 2019.

As I mentioned, I am new at this process/visa as I previously had retirement when it was simply tell the US Embassy what to write down on the letter, but I have been back to work in the States since 2012, and now I have retired again and my intention is to get an extension of stay based on marriage to Thai using the 400,000 in the bank.

My understanding from Thai Immigration at Kap Choeng is to get the Non Immi O that I have done, then go see them in about 60 days to have them convert this to an extension of stay/marriage to Thai/400,000 baht in bank. I think I will be put "under consideration" and they will do a home visit...all good by me, no problems.

It is also my understanding that during the first year of this extension I will need to go out of country every 90 days, which is the reason I chose to do a multi entry. After the first year I can do my 90 day reports at Kap Choeng or online if that's available.

Please, if anyone that absolutely knows that I am in error in any of my intentions, please, please let me know. Also, do I need to go to Savannakhet every year to reobtain the Non-Immi O ?? In other words, do I have to repeat this same process every year?

Thanks for any help!
mario299

Back