Huai Saneng Reservoir.

Back on subject..:D Just a guesstimate .. you only need a boar and pump and as you have the other bits. The cost quoted for the boar will include about 20 meters of pvc well casing. This would depends on your wife negotiating skills on the local driller. The kit you will supply can be had at Global House and other DIY. For a two inch boar and shallow pump as low as 30k. This going to depend on YOUR water table level, if you have to go deep submersible maybe you can do for 60k. Get cracking guys..:rolleyes::rolleyes:;;bad simle;;
There must be cheaper options. I always remember operating one of these when I was a boy ............................

il_794xN.1686798044_8xsq.jpg

We did not have electricity nor indoor plumbing either. Out in the back yard in all weathers! Those were the days.

You got me laughing.. About 100 meter from our house on our soi is this village pump AND it works. Just took the photo.

66956168_2281465568567642_8317212011314282496_n.jpg
This is our village pump that I rescued from a ditch across from our house. I tarted it up and is now in our garden. It doesn't work, just an ornament. The family , and villagers are now convinced I have totally lost the plot.20190205_074046.jpg

Last edited:
Checked the water tank this morning and noted that the tank did not fill last night. The inlet to the tank is 2 meters above ground level. While there is water flowing in the inlet pipe (from town), there is insufficient pressure to fill the holding tank (2 meter head of water required). Ten years ago, this used to be the story every night when we lived in City Land. Maybe only an hour or so every night when the water pressure was sufficient to fill the tank. Solution: dig big hole and bury the tank below ground level, or, install a small pump to increase the water pressure to the tank. I have opted for the latter solution and ordered the following:

upload_2019-7-16_7-31-54.png

The pump will be switchable and only used when water pressure is low. Otherwise, the water supply from town will fill the tank as the normal default.

Checked the water tank this morning and noted that the tank did not fill last night. The inlet to the tank is 2 meters above ground level. While there is water flowing in the inlet pipe (from town), there is insufficient pressure to fill the holding tank (2 meter head of water required). Ten years ago, this used to be the story every night when we lived in City Land. Maybe only an hour or so every night when the water pressure was sufficient to fill the tank. Solution: dig big hole and bury the tank below ground level, or, install a small pump to increase the water pressure to the tank. I have opted for the latter solution and ordered the following:

View attachment 29524

The pump will be switchable and only used when water pressure is low. Otherwise, the water supply from town will fill the tank as the normal default.

Same here. So little pressure I had no water coming in yesterday afternoon. Have had to use my water tank supply. Tried to get it to refill, but as you say, so little pressure that it is not filling.

The recent weather report I saw was predicting a 40 to 60 percent rainfall through the week. Wed, Thu, and Friday being the highest chance of rain.

It rained hard here in Thep Thani last night. And this morning I went out and the ground was wet and things dripping from an early morning rainfall.

Just returned of a tour of CRU. TMD shows 28.3 mm or 1.1 inches. I would say we received that amount last night. All the vegetation is smiling. Our pond at the main house went up by 2 inches. The rice paddies show a pickup and some water is standing. At SWMBO new pound or lake maybe and I do say maybe a 1 inches rise. No water flow in the canal. The rain was nice but far from what is needed.

Same here. So little pressure I had no water coming in yesterday afternoon. Have had to use my water tank supply. Tried to get it to refill, but as you say, so little pressure that it is not filling.
Like I said, when we lived in City Land several years ago, low water pressure was the norm. Then they upgraded the water supply to this end of town and water pressure has not been a problem until this week. However, what I did see in City Land was a lot of direct plumbed water systems without a holding tank. That is to say, many occupants plumbed in a water pump between the town inlet pipe and the inlet to the house. They always had water too. I am hoping the new pump with maximise the water that is available and keep out holding tank full.

View attachment 29524

Just do what I did 30 years ago..Break the seal, unscrew the meter, and collect direct from the inlet pipe and manually fill the tank. Good exercise and saves the cost of the pump. Anyone later asks why the seal is broken, just tell them you hit it out of sheer frustration!

Just do what I did 30 years ago..Break the seal, unscrew the meter, and collect direct from the inlet pipe and manually fill the tank. Good exercise and saves the cost of the pump. Anyone later asks why the seal is broken, just tell them you hit it out of sheer frustration!
I have outlets inside the garden with a tap. No need to break the seal in the road. Manually fill the tank, 2100 litres, at 10 litres per bucket, over 200 bucket loads and up a ladder too, you must be joking! The electric pump is the way to go and not expensive either. My wife tells me that there was a notice on Facebook saying that the water will be turned on each morning at 05.00 for an hour or two. That pump should do the job nicely and keep the holding tank full.

Back