Huai Saneng Reservoir.

Anyone that know about someone that can deliver water in Surin? I don't mean bottled water, but with a tank truck. I have now installed a 2000L tank, so total capacity are now 3400L

I still have some water, so it is just in case I should need it.

Anyone that know about someone that can deliver water in Surin? I don't mean bottled water, but with a tank truck. I have now installed a 2000L tank, so total capacity are now 3400L

I still have some water, so it is just in case I should need it.

Yes, my wife will find out a telephone number tomorrow.

Anyone that know about someone that can deliver water in Surin? I don't mean bottled water, but with a tank truck. I have now installed a 2000L tank, so total capacity are now 3400L . I still have some water, so it is just in case I should need it.
I am contemplating doing similar if I do not get water tonight. However, my wife seems confident that there will be water later, 05.00 tomorrow morning. I fixed a 'jury rig' this afternoon as a temporary measure. I connected the water inlet stand pipe to a clean dustbin with a 20 meter hosepipe. I then attached another 10 meter hosepipe to my small electric submersible pump to move the water from the dustbin to the water tank. I shall check the water supply at regular intervals and, once the flow starts, turn on and pump. Fingers crossed!

The new pump I ordered this morning has been collected by Kerry Logs this morning and may well be in Surin in the morning. I will then plumb that in as a more permanent and semi-automatic solution. If all else fails, I will buy another 2,000 litre tank and order water the same as you. A second tank would give me a 4,100 litre capacity and enough water for 6 days normal consumption.

I am contemplating doing similar if I do not get water tonight. However, my wife seems confident that there will be water later, 05.00 tomorrow morning. I fixed a 'jury rig' this afternoon as a temporary measure. I connected the water inlet stand pipe to a clean dustbin with a 20 meter hosepipe. I then attached another 10 meter hosepipe to my small electric submersible pump to move the water from the dustbin to the water tank. I shall check the water supply at regular intervals and, once the flow starts, turn on and pump. Fingers crossed!

The new pump I ordered this morning has been collected by Kerry Logs this morning and may well be in Surin in the morning. I will then plumb that in as a more permanent and semi-automatic solution. If all else fails, I will buy another 2,000 litre tank and order water the same as you. A second tank would give me a 4,100 litre capacity and enough water for 6 days normal consumption.

I have done the same as you today. I was able to collect around 100L before the water stopped totally around 1400 this afternoon. Hopefully, i will be able to gather enough water this way until we get some proper rain that we really need now.

@Jeppe, good news. The water has just started flowing through my stand pipe. Just started filling my dustbin and then I will pump to the main tank. Whey hey! Game on.

Last edited:
@Jeppe, good news. The water has just started flowing through my stand pipe. Just started filling my dustbin and then I will pump to the main tank. Whey hey! Game on.

I see that the water has started here also.

But regarding your pump strategy; I believe this pump you have ordered are one that can suck water from the pipe.Are the water meters fitted with back valve or some how prevented to run backwards?

If not, I guess you will suck air from a open valve close to you pretty soon. I think most tanks in the area are not full now, and therefore have open filling valve.

If your pump solution works, I am going to buy a similar pump soon.

Otherwise. I will order trucks with water when needed if @Yorky can provide me with a phone number to that service. Or any other member here that might have it.

I see that the water has started here also.

But regarding your pump strategy; I believe this pump you have ordered are one that can suck water from the pipe.Are the water meters fitted with back valve or some how prevented to run backwards?

If not, I guess you will suck air from a open valve close to you pretty soon. I think most tanks in the area are not full now, and therefore have open filling valve.

If your pump solution works, I am going to buy a similar pump soon.

Otherwise. I will order trucks with water when needed if @Yorky can provide me with a phone number to that service. Or any other member here that might have it.

I will fit the plumbing with in-line taps to isolate/control the water supply. I will only turn on the pump when I know the water is flowing. It will be a semi-automatic solution. Once the tank is full the pump will stop anyway.

I will fit the plumbing with in-line taps to isolate/control the water supply. I will only turn on the pump when I know the water is flowing. It will be a semi-automatic solution. Once the tank is full the pump will stop anyway.

The pressure on the water inlet now are less then 0,1 bar. If you put a suction pump to that system, lets say with a suction pressure of -0,5 bar, there will be a problem if air can get into the system. The pump will have problem as soon as you get air into it. If it is a screw pump that suck anyway, you will get some water, but mostly air. An impeller pump will not work at all if air come into it.

If the water meters installed around have some back valve system, it will not be any problem. But if there are a pipe open to air, you will suck it to you soon.

The pressure on the water inlet now are less then 0,1 bar. If you put a suction pump to that system, lets say with a suction pressure of -0,5 bar, there will be a problem if air can get into the system. The pump will have problem as soon as you get air into it. If it is a screw pump that suck anyway, you will get some water, but mostly air. An impeller pump will not work at all if air come into it.

If the water meters installed around have some back valve system, it will not be any problem. But if there are a pipe open to air, you will suck it to you soon.
Hear what you say, I will suck it and see! As far as I am aware the main 2 inch water pipe (or whatever size it is) should be fully primed with water and not open to the air. I don't think it runs dry. What's missing is the pressure in the system, not the water. When I turn on the garden tap I never hear gurgling, as in air in the system. Either the water runs or it does not. The garden tap is 75 cm above ground level, the dustbin 60 cm. There is no way the current water pressure would rise above the 2 meter mark. When I plumb in the new pump it will be at ground level plus 10 cm. The water pressure should be better at that level to support the pump.

I have my egg timer on the PC set to 20 minutes which seems about the right time to fill the dustbin. It's also about the right time to enjoy a Bells and ice. :D I have now filled 3 dustbins and I am on my fourth. The main water tank is 2/3 rds full, 1,500 litres, and I have another 40 litre dustbin inside the bathroom full of water too. We are okay for the next 24 hours at least. Still time for a couple more Bells. Ding dong!

Back