KCI extension today.

In fact the home visit doesn't bother me (I had one by the Krasang police). The advantage of the Buriram office for me (and the reason why I was trying to clarify the situation on BE) would be to avoid the otherwise unnecessary trips to KC; trips to Buriram could easily be combined with shopping trips.

Home visit or this 'foreigner info form' doesn't bother me too.
If you have done no wrong, I cannot see a problem. Most (not all) info would already be known to the IO anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Home visit or this 'foreigner info form' doesn't bother me too.
If you have done no wrong, I cannot see a problem. Most (not all) info would already be known to the IO anyway.

Neither of these requirements bother me. The one thing that gets up my nose is the need to return to KCI to collect your extension. The extension could be issued at the first visit and then, after a home visit, revoked if serious discrepances are found. The home visit would then not be restricted to the first 30 days giving the IOs more leaway. It's not bloody rocket science. Or maybe it is.

Too logical for Thailand and may cut down on paper-pushing so well against normal local principals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I think you know, GL, I was one of the lucky over-70s who did not have to wait for a home visit. Not bullshit, not tea money; I can't say about pity! And by my calendar, March 2016 was definitely this year.

Curious, IB. How many kilometers is your residence from KCI traveling by vehicle on paved surfaces ?

Given that I am required to extend my permission to stay next week and also probably complete the famous intrusive form, I thought I should obtain some up-to-date mugshots. I asked my wife to take a couple of head and shoulder shots of me today and this is what I got. One wonders what they see when looking through the lense.

[The face has been obscured to protect the guilty]

h&s.jpg

Obviously the image is 20 x larger than required and may be cropped to the necessary size, but the AE concentrated on the whole of the house wall when assessing the exposure for the shot.

Given that I am required to extend my permission to stay next week and also probably complete the famous intrusive form, I thought I should obtain some up-to-date mugshots. I asked my wife to take a couple of head and shoulder shots of me today and this is what I got. One wonders what they see when looking through the lense.

[The face has been obscured to protect the guilty]

View attachment 13461

The lower left corner of the prison window is properly detailed.
How come you didn't request a 'side profile' same as proper police mug shots. ;)

How come you didn't request a 'side profile' same as proper police mug shots. ;)

I didn't consider that it was a requirement of KCI. Should it be, I would quite happily produce the required images.

However, they may consider providing said photos to be facetious and deport me for taking the piss.

Last edited:
At first glance I thought you had been snapped with the grey sky as the background. Then I saw the window frame hanging in the sky....... A touch of flash may have helped.

At first glance I thought you had been snapped with the grey sky as the background. Then I saw the window frame hanging in the sky....... A touch of flash may have helped.

There was sufficient ambient light at the time without the need for flash. I was facing west and the sun was to the south west obscured by clouds. The resultant reduced image was acceptable albeit it a little under exposed because of the AE.

It was the composition (or lack of) to which I was making reference. This is what I was wanting/expecting:

h&s 2.jpg

Last edited:
There was sufficient ambient light at the time without the need for flash. I was facing west and the sun was to the south west obscured by clouds. The resultant reduced image was acceptable albeit it a little under exposed because of the AE.

It was the composition (or lack of) to which I was making reference. This is what I was wanting/expecting:

View attachment 13462

Try this.:D:D

mugshots+silhouette.jpg

Strange occurrence in the bank today. When they prepared the extension letter they dated it tomorrow (01:06:18) although the text stated the monies in the bank today (31:05:16). I requested that they give me a letter dated today as per usual. The bank employee advised that only this morning, a Farang had returned from KCI who required a letter dated this day. In the end I took one of each.

Strange occurrence in the bank today. When they prepared the extension letter they dated it tomorrow (01:06:18) although the text stated the monies in the bank today (31:05:16). I requested that they give me a letter dated today as per usual. The bank employee advised that only this morning, a Farang had returned from KCI who required a letter dated this day. In the end I took one of each.

A bank letter is good at KCI for 3 days from date of issue. How old was the farangs letter?

Back