KCI extension today.

Its always been 3 days from issue date at KCI. My last visit my letter was dated May 9 and I did my externe on May 10.

I'm hoping you showed some money moving out of your account along with your letter.

What was the service charge for your letter and by which bank ?

He didn't charge me for the second one so i wasn't concerned.

I think I get Got Lost's point here - the bank, whilst trying to be helpful are actually knee-jerk reacting. KCI accept letters up to 3 says old and the inference is that the Farang's rejected letter was older than that. Just dating a letter tomorrow is not the right solution - however well intended - and if the Farang hangs on to it for 5 days it will still be useless.

KCI accept letters up to 3 says old and the inference is that the Farang's rejected letter was older than that. Just dating a letter tomorrow is not the right solution - however well intended - and if the Farang hangs on to it for 5 days it will still be useless.

Just to be clear, is it 3 days old or 3 working days old?

I shall initially offer my Kasikorn letter dated 31st May. If that doesn't work I shall revert to the letter dated 1st June.

I shall report tomorrow.

The last time I got a bank statement letter. I had an on going argument with the bank. They wanted to show my account balance in US dollars and write the notice in English. I kept saying write it in Thai and state Thai Baht.
What is it with this? Can anyone enlighten me.

The last time I got a bank statement letter. I had an on going argument with the bank. They wanted to show my account balance in US dollars and write the notice in English. I kept saying write it in Thai and state Thai Baht.

Maybe what your smoking.:rolleyes:

My letters today were written in English.

Possibly...just possibly...some of the newer members didn't or don't know...just possibly.

Coffee, in those 16 years I have applied for my extensions within 2 or 3 weeks prior to the expiry of the previous extension (this time almost 4 weeks). In that time, as far as I remember, I have obtained the letter from the bank (and the passbook update - I always withdraw on the same day) the day before I travel to KCI. Because of this I was unaware of the KCI requirement that the letter/update had to be less than 4 days old - which is why I was asking the question of GL.

[Edit: I was previously of the understanding that it was <= 7 days]

Last edited:
Coffee, in those 16 years I have applied for my extensions within 2 or 3 weeks prior to the expiry of the previous extension (this time almost 4 weeks). In that time, as far as I remember, I have obtained the letter from the bank (and the passbook update - I always withdraw on the same day) the day before I travel to KCI. Because of this I was unaware of the KCI requirement that the letter/update had to be less than 4 days old - which is why I was asking the question of GL.

[Edit: I was previously of the understanding that it was <= 7 days]

To my knowledge :rolleyes: the letter must not be any older than 3 calendar days. Yorky your letter dated May 31 will be OK date wise.

Back