KCI extension today.

I'm hoping you showed some money moving out of your account along with your letter.

A number of years ago, I used two bank accounts to achieve the required amount to qualify for my extension. The one which moved (pension in and expenses out) was insufficient for this purpose so I used another (fixed deposit account) to make up the difference. The bank employee advised me that the fixed deposit account had sufficient funds to satisfy the immigration alone. I told her that if I needed banking advice, I would ask her, but for immigration advice I would prefer to ask immigration. She never spoke to me again.

What was the service charge for your letter and by which bank ?

Bht 200.00. Kasikorn.

Maybe what your smoking.:rolleyes:

This is not enlightening me. Why did they want to state my account in USD when Immi want to know if you have 400,000 Baht.
As you know I failed anyway as I was deemed no fixed address and there for did not qualify for a 12 month extension of stay.

This is not enlightening me. Why did they want to state my account in USD when Immi want to know if you have 400,000 Baht.
As you know I failed anyway as I was deemed no fixed address and there for did not qualify for a 12 month extension of stay.

I wasn't aware that a fixed abode was a requirement.

Neither is a declaration of which establishments you frequent nor that a home visit is required for those on a retirement extension, but as you know, we now reside in a police state.

Neither is a declaration of which establishments you frequent nor that a home visit is required for those on a retirement extension, but as you know, we now reside in a police state.

I have no problem moving around freely......

I just love the way your always hitting your head on a brick wall..:D

I just love the way your always hitting your head on a brick wall..:D

I am glad someone gets some amusement from it GL. I certainly don't.

Well it is now CO - CO. How can they keep tabs on you and visit if you have no fixed address. You can still move around as long as every hotel reports you and any land lord of any premises reports you if you stay away from your fixed address for more then 24 hours. On my last stay of 5 months I stayed all over the country and also stayed at the out laws in Sikhorapum. To protect the mother inlaw from a fine I always place her address on the TM6 and on the extension. Oh and that brings to mind more hitting of the head on that brick wall GL. I did my 2 month extension at immi 1. They gave me what for, for not having a fixed address, and told me since my wife is registered on her ID as Surin. I could fork off to KCI. But they relented on my objections to have to travel there from BKK since I was there already. The supervisor told me I was duly noted as NEVER to go to Immi 1 again!. My head hurts GL !!!

Use for visits to immigration.:D

head-guard-online-orthotics.jpg

Rice, maybe you need to start walking around with a hammer so IMM doesn't waste your time looking for one.

No fixed address...tsk...tsk...have you thought about taking a lease on a room somewhere you'll be sleeping for weeks at a time. The lease is a contract that would provide you with a 'fixed' resident address.

Rice, maybe you need to start walking around with a hammer so IMM doesn't waste your time looking for one.

No fixed address...tsk...tsk...have you thought about taking a lease on a room somewhere you'll be sleeping for weeks at a time. The lease is a contract that would provide you with a 'fixed' resident address.

Quite right Coffee, but the amount of traveling I was doing I would have to start paying for an abode I was not staying at most of the time and this just rubbed me the wrong way as a complete waste of money just to get that 1 year extension. I only applied for the 1 year because it was the same cost of the two month. I had all the other requirements. I think the Savannakhet multi O is the way to go. I won't even bother getting an O from Aus next time I come.

Quite right Coffee, but the amount of traveling I was doing I would have to start paying for an abode I was not staying at most of the time and this just rubbed me the wrong way as a complete waste of money just to get that 1 year extension. I only applied for the 1 year because it was the same cost of the two month. I had all the other requirements. I think the Savannakhet multi O is the way to go. I won't even bother getting an O from Aus next time I come.

Good friend just picked up an O-A from Canberra. Good to go for the next two years.

Good friend just picked up an O-A from Canberra. Good to go for the next two years.

Savannakhet muti O based on marriage is a very viable options. Numerous forum member are on this. Just beware that it would be very prudent to take YOUR ORIGINAL Thai MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE with you as they have been known to ask for it. DO NOT leave it in the land ROO.:rolleyes::D

Savannakhet muti O based on marriage is a very viable options. Numerous forum member are on this. Just beware that it would be very prudent to take YOUR ORIGINAL Thai MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE with you as they have been known to ask for it. DO NOT leave it in the land ROO.:rolleyes::D

Now would I do that ? Don't answer that !!!!

Today's extension application:

214/24 junction. At 08:00 roadworks caused minimal delay. I've lost more time there at a red light.

08:30 - Suppression unit to complete TM 30 and intrusive form (latter already completed on computer - which impressed him).

08:50 - Compilation office to sort and stamp forms provided plus completion of additional forms.

09:05 - Main office to present IO with compiled and stamped forms. Wait turn.

09:15 - Obtain 90 day report and IO completes and signs compiled documents. Immediately after receiving the documents IO questions my age. I tell him 67 and he then tells me the 30 day awaiting approval story.

09:30 - Take documents over the road for copying.

09:35 - Leave office, all business completed. (return for extension at the end of current month).

214/24 junction, minimal delay again (around 10:00).

Note: Bank letter date of 31.05.16 was not questioned and neither was the fact that it was written in English.

Today's extension application:

214/24 junction. At 08:00 roadworks caused minimal delay. I've lost more time there at a red light.

08:30 - Suppression unit to complete TM 30 and intrusive form (latter already completed on computer - which impressed him).

08:50 - Compilation office to sort and stamp forms provided plus completion of additional forms.

09:05 - Main office to present IO with compiled and stamped forms. Wait turn.

09:15 - Obtain 90 day report and IO completes and signs compiled documents. Immediately after receiving the documents IO questions my age. I tell him 67 and he then tells me the 30 day awaiting approval story.

09:30 - Take documents over the road for copying.

09:35 - Leave office, all business completed. (return for extension at the end of current month).

214/24 junction, minimal delay again (around 10:00).

Note: Bank letter date of 31.05.16 was not questioned and neither was the fact that it was written in English.
Excluding photo-copy person & you, how many people are involved in this monumental task?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yorky, was your extension based on retirement or marriage ?
If the latter, did you bring your SWMBO with you to file the extension application ?

It was based upon retirement but she was with me. She had to be to complete the TM 30.

Note: the suppression unit officer informed her that it was NOT necessary to complete another declaration should I temporarily leave the property and return thereto at a future date.

Back