KCI extension today.

Yorky, is there a form that you can fill in online somewhere? I refer to your comment: 08:30 - Suppression unit to complete TM 30 and intrusive form (latter already completed on computer - which impressed him).

Just for your information Nomad, I only completed about half of the "intrusive form" (leaving dashes in the empty boxes - as requested) and the officer didn't appear to even look at the answers prior to entering his own particulars at the top.

It was possibly a case of making it look official and correct and therefore it is.

08:30 - Suppression unit to complete TM 30 and intrusive form (latter already completed on computer - which impressed him).

A little additional information. The SO asked my wife how she knew that a TM 30 was required by immigration in respect of my living in the house. She said friends had told her. He did make a point of saying that if the house owner was discovered to be renting or allowing an alien to live in his/her property without a report being lodged, a fine of Bht 1,600.00 would be imposed. If the house owner volunteered said information had not been lodged then a fine of Bht 800.00 would be imposed.

Today, my wife completed said TM 30 for the first time in 14 years but was not required to pay any fine. He was a very, very nice man though.

I was there too this morning, though after Yorky had already gone. I think there were three farangs there, and five IOs. The two captains were just laughing and joking.

In and out in about 3 minutes.

My impression was that they are becoming much more proficient, even considering that their work load appears to be increasing weekly. Proficiency in laughing and joking also appears to be improving. (BTW, there were at least 4 officers hanging around the suppression unit offices plus a couple of clerks(?))

My impression was that they are becoming much more proficient, even considering that their work load appears to be increasing weekly. Proficiency in laughing and joking also appears to be improving. (BTW, there were at least 4 officers hanging around the suppression unit offices plus a couple of clerks(?))

At the end of the day, business was completed in about an hour - a reasonable turnround for a 12 month extension.

I shall go next week.

At the end of the day, business was completed in about an hour - a reasonable turnround for a 12 month extension.
I shall go next week.

Without the Tm 30 requirement it may have been completed in 45 minutes. Much quicker than earlier applications (unless I go back to 2002, i.e. before computerisation).

Just for information, I did and provided everything that they requested and I did not ask any questions, just went with the flow. There was no point in making life difficult.

Without the Tm 30 requirement it may have been completed in 45 minutes. Much quicker than earlier applications (unless I go back to 2002, i.e. before computerisation).

Just for information, I did and provided everything that they requested and I did not ask any questions, just went with the flow. There was no point in making life difficult.

My record for a retard extension was Chiang Mai in 2008, 15 minutes.:D 45 minutes is about normal at KCI. My marriage extension back on May 9 took 1 hour 15 minutes and thats the fastest 4 years.

Good value but it still seems like those guys (KCIO) are 'Empire Building' to me?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You pay a B 1900 application fee prior to any other fee , and now it reads as you're not happy with how that money is being spent.
(This is the slow season, eh. Should they lay trained personnel off?)

"Empire Building" ?
It's a fookin' Kingdom after all, innit ?
(Oops..I forgot you're British.) :(

To be fair on the 'team' at KC, maybe some are in training there as I hear a few new Offices are (hopefully) opening sometime.
Roi Et
Buriram

'Empire building' is a phrase. Maybe it wasn't as clear as it should be to clear thinking 'Jonny Foreigners' (Joke)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't particularly impressed today.

I was hoping to pick up Brownie points for my production of the new online 'intrusive' form....... they didn't want it.

Waited 20 mins to be seen by the old receptionist who did her usual efficient job on the paperwork (3 forms copied from last year were discarded and 2 new ones introduced).

You don't actually get the feeling that anyone has hold of you/your application. Waited 15 mins to see a very professional Pol sgt gen major (or similar). Application then passed to the guy at the 3rd desk and waited while 2 other people were processed. He signed the rubber stamps and instructed us to go and photocopy the complete application.

This task was made more difficult by the fact that there was a power cut on the Kap Choeng strip; so off towards Chong Chom for a photocopy shop and a bite to eat. Returned the application and copy to desk 3 and was given 30 days. Told to come back 29/30th to receive the 12 month extension. Waste of f**king time - another 200km round trip for what? We have already had a house visit.....

A house visit in advance of your application for an extension ? (Wow, I've never read that prior.)

I was hoping to pick up Brownie points for my production of the new online 'intrusive' form....... they didn't want it.

I didn't offer mine. During the TM30 procedure, the Suppression Unit Officer passed me one to complete. I told him that I'd already completed one and gave him that.

I didn't offer mine. During the TM30 procedure, the Suppression Unit Officer passed me one to complete. I told him that I'd already completed one and gave him that.

Maybe not required/requested because we had previously completed the TM30 process.

Note for Coffee: - on an earlier visit to KCI (to get a certificate of residence) we were pulled into the suppression unit where a photo and updated details were taken. We were advised that they were checking on all their Farangs and we should expect a visit. We were duly visited by local police officers and also someone from KCI. I am not expecting a further visit in the next 25 days.

Back