KCI extension today.

Did any of the IOs ask you how old you were CO-CO (yes I know it's on the forms)?

At least 2.

Maybe they thought I looked too young to be applying for a retirement extension! :smile:

Maybe not required/requested because we had previously completed the TM30 process.

There doesn't appear to be an "expiry date" on the TM 30 form. Does this mean once the form has been completed and lodged, there is no need to complete another form until the alien moves on and that would then be another's responsibility?

There doesn't appear to be an "expiry date" on the TM 30 form. Does this mean once the form has been completed and lodged, there is no need to complete another form until the alien moves on and that would then be another's responsibility?

There has been some comment on this, on Thai social media, so my missus asked when she was expected to complete a TM30. She was told that it was only required where I had left the country and returned (they seem to reply on the responsibility of others ie hotels to report if you go out of province).

I did suggest that was pointless as we complete a TM7 every time we re-enter and that shows continuation of residence by the address we quote.

They didn't seem overly impressed by my observation.

Just an update. When your on a 30 day under considerstion you used to call KCI about 2 weeks before the report date and check on your approval and then you could go in and collect it about 2 weeks early. NO MORE. You have to report on the the date they give you, if its a Saturday or Sunday you can can collect it the Friday before. I just had this confirmed.

Just an update. When your on a 30 day under considerstion you used to call KCI about 2 weeks before the report date and check on your approval and then you could go in and collect it about 2 weeks early. NO MORE. You have to report on the the date they give you, if its a Saturday or Sunday you can can collect it the Friday before. I just had this confirmed.

I was stamped to 3rd July and they said come back on that date. Subsequently, they phoned to say because of holidays I could return on 29th or 30th.

I'm stamped to report back on 01:07:16. Is that a holiday? It doesn't show on my list.

I have obviously been either kept in the dark or was not listening (more than likely the latter). My wife tells me that the IO told her that we (I) did not need to go 01:07:16, we could go 29/30:06:16, but we should confirm this with the SOs at the visit.

Back