Lorenzino's Swiss-Cuisine Restaurant Surin NOW DOING SWISS \ ITALIAN PIZZA ...

Calzone

He also does a folded pizza - a calzone - which is a pizza folded over and baked with the cheese and toppings inside. I had it the other day, 280 baht I think and very big. I took half of it home and it was great for breakfast.

I highly recommend his salads which are amazing and also the curry butter he serves with bread.

Somebody mentioned Air Conditioning (not that we need it right now) but I belive he does have air-con in one part of the restaurant.

Toby

He also does a folded pizza - a calzone - which is a pizza folded over and baked with the cheese and toppings inside. I had it the other day, 280 baht I think and very big. I took half of it home and it was great for breakfast.

I highly recommend his salads which are amazing and also the curry butter he serves with bread.

Somebody mentioned Air Conditioning (not that we need it right now) but I belive he does have air-con in one part of the restaurant.

Toby

Thanks for thatToby as thats my favourite type of pizza. In 7 years I have only found one once here and that was at the far end of Second Rd before the Dolphin roundabout. Thanks3

This is the best value pizza I've had in Thailand , in the old town Chang- Mai .
Margarita pizza 110 baht salami pizza 160 baht lasagna beef 150 .
This is a very nice Italian restaraunt run by an Italian man and his wife 12 years already . The best pizza I've had in Thailand Danny agreed to .
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358062639.202095.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1358062659.073874.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1358062698.123435.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1358062718.264253.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1358062751.640490.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1358062777.507382.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1358062803.718444.jpg
My wife had a lamb and mushroom pasta in a creamy garlic sauce . The other dish was home made stuffed pasta shells they were brill .
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358062916.571679.jpg

Thanks for thatToby as thats my favourite type of pizza. In 7 years I have only found one once here and that was at the far end of Second Rd before the Dolphin roundabout. Thanks3

Toby,

I used to sell Calzones here at Starbeam's when we first opened over three years ago, but there didn't seem to be enough people around back then who even knew what they were. :) You use a different dough recipe than a pizza dough, and they need to be brushed with beaten egg yolk on top before being placed in the oven. So, they are like a pizza, but done a little differently than just a 'folded pizza'. I like them myself. Good hot or cold.

Mike

Calzone is ok but can be too doughy sometimes. I prefer Pizza.

This is the best value pizza I've had in Thailand , in the old town Chang- Mai .
Margarita pizza 110 baht salami pizza 160 baht lasagna beef 150 .
This is a very nice Italian restaraunt run by an Italian man and his wife 12 years already . The best pizza I've had in Thailand Danny agreed to .
View attachment 5288View attachment 5289View attachment 5290View attachment 5291View attachment 5292View attachment 5293View attachment 5294
My wife had a lamb and mushroom pasta in a creamy garlic sauce . The other dish was home made stuffed pasta shells they were brill .
View attachment 5295

Why you gotta show this to me mate? Starving....

Last edited by a moderator:
We were just amazed at the price and quality mate , the brushgeta was top also at 80 baht for three peices I could not believe it .

I should of took a pick of the name of the place Danny might remember it .

Nobody does Pizza or Pasta better than Willi. Made from scratch with top quality ingredients, cooked properly and priced well within the range of Farangs. You can talk all you want about this and that place away from Surin but when the urge for the best right here it's Lorenzino's without question.

The obvious one for me AtB is the Pizza Margarita followed by the Mushroom. For the price, the size and the superb quality there is nothing in Surin, Prasat or Buriram that comes close . As an aside, let's not forget that little side we had when United were held to a draw as I had predicted.

I've had Willys Pizza and they are very good. But he will have to add more choice for it to be exceptional In my opinion.

In my opinion.

Well said.....perhaps paddy should have started his post with these words because one persons assessment is simply and totally that.....an opinion

I've tried pizza that people rave about....and to "My taste" it's shite........

IMHO, in Surin you cannot go past Norbi's pizza.....great base....but you need to "guide" him as to what toppings you would like.

I'm somewhat baffled as to what top quality ingredients are used in the production of a Margarita....LOL...gourmet tomatoes and Imported Swiss cheese perhaps ???

Anyway....paddy likes it....and that's all that matters....to paddy

Who_Cares

The obvious one for me AtB is the Pizza Margarita followed by the Mushroom. For the price, the size and the superb quality there is nothing in Surin, Prasat or Buriram that comes close . As an aside, let's not forget that little side we had when United were held to a draw as I had predicted.

Yes mate I do owe you 2 beers ,well done Paddy //mnu :tongue: ...

P-S Muang Pizza - Burriram .. This guy knows his pizzas and there is about 10 flavors to choose from .

http://www.muangresort-buriram.com/ worth a try Paddy ,just when you thought it couldn't get any better !

Last edited:
Pizza Margarita is the basis upon which all other pizza's are derived from. Pure simple ingredients, a perfect dough, a tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella and topped with basil that's it. I'm shocked that someone who claims to know their Pizzas did not have a clue about this foundation pizza.

Pizza Margarita is the basis upon which all other pizza's are derived from. Pure simple ingredients, a perfect dough, a tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella and topped with basil that's it. I'm shocked that someone who claims to know their Pizzas did not have a clue about this foundation pizza.

My kids 8 and 9 years old eat Margarita I like -- tuna\ salami\ sea food\Mexican\ Veg\four cheese \Ham-Pineapple \spicy Chicken \Italian Sausage .
I like lots of choice mate 2 choices Margarita and mushroom -sorry this just doesn't work for me Cry3. !

A pizza restaurant needs at least 8 choices .

Get down to Burriram mate treat your self to a great pizza they even have a Pizza menu ... .:smile:

My kids 8 and 9 years old eat Margarita I like -- tuna\ salami\ sea food\Mexican\ Veg\four cheese \Ham-Pineapple \spicy Chicken \Italian Sausage .
I like lots of choice mate 2 choices Margarita and mushroom -sorry this just doesn't work for me Cry3. !

A pizza restaurant needs at least 8 choices .

Get down to Burriram mate treat your self to a great pizza they even have a Pizza menu ... .:smile:

Throw it all on there, thats how i like it!

paddy....you are absolutely full of **IT

If you were referring to my post.....read it again....it is in ENGLISH....not Russian....Norwegian....Swedish....Finnish....or left handed Swahili

BUT....please keep posting....you make me laugh

Cheers PK

Well said.....perhaps paddy should have started his post with these words because one persons assessment is simply and totally that.....an opinion

IMHO, in Surin you cannot go past Norbi's pizza.....great base....but you need to "guide" him as to what toppings you would like.

I'm somewhat baffled as to what top quality ingredients are used in the production of a Margarita....LOL...gourmet tomatoes and Imported Swiss cheese perhaps ???

Who_Cares
So what are you saying mate ?

Did you try Muang Pizza Burriram ?

Who_Cares

Just got home from enjoying a brilliant pizza at Norbie's...As good as it gets and no cigarette ash in it! Both women enjoyed it too. Had a great snitzel as well...a very under-rated venue.

I've had some good food at Norbies. The only problem for me is all the clutter around. It's like eating in a supermarket distribution centre!

Back