Lorenzino's Swiss-Cuisine Restaurant Surin NOW DOING SWISS \ ITALIAN PIZZA ...

There were some pics of Willy's pizza here, or somewhere on the net, I saw before. I see his website is no longer in service?

Mike

I know But being a pizza man I was asking for a picture of this 80B pizza .
I was just wondering WHY a this guy was So expensive and now he is giving food away almost for Freeeee ?
?????

I was just wondering WHY a this guy was So expensive and now he is giving food away almost for Freeeee ?
?????
His pizza in house is 220 baht. The cheapest in town. So expensive ? Compared to what?

?????

Maybe they are "loss leaders" to get people to go there, try his stuff then return to try other menu items.

Not a bad strategy IMHO

Willi is not accountable to any of us. He runs his restaurant because he is passionate about food. Lorenzino's is simply a reflection of that passion. Sit and talk with him about food sometime and you will be amazed at his skills. Willi does not compromise and his food is proof of that. So what if he charges more, don't eat there, easy peasy. As far as his take items, A big thank you is in order IMO cause you get to sample his cuisine at a bargain price and just maybe some of you will actually try a full sit down meal there as a result. If you have questions for Willi about his restaurant, his food and prices how about just going there and get the answers? As usual let the flaming of the messenger begin. My God what a petty bunch of carrots are out there.

Willi is not accountable to any of us. He runs his restaurant because he is passionate about food. Lorenzino's is simply a reflection of that passion. Sit and talk with him about food sometime and you will be amazed at his skills. Willi does not compromise and his food is proof of that. So what if he charges more, don't eat there, easy peasy. As far as his take items, A big thank you is in order IMO cause you get to sample his cuisine at a bargain price and just maybe some of you will actually try a full sit down meal there as a result. If you have questions for Willi about his restaurant, his food and prices how about just going there and get the answers? As usual let the flaming of the messenger begin. My God what a petty bunch of carrots are out there.

You made my day.....LMAO1LMAO1

Just got back from having coffee with a friend. I was told that Lorenzino's is open now Monday through Friday, closed on weekends. He also said Willy is now doing lunch meals for 90 baht every noon. He also told me that a Belgian guy, an expat cook now living here in Surin, would be taking over running Lorenzino's on the weekends soon. So they will be open 7 days a week for all of those who enjoy the food and ambiance there.

Good to hear. I'll have to try one of the lunch meals there soon, and meet some guys going there I know that are now going there for lunch most days.

Mike

Just got back from having coffee with a friend. I was told that Lorenzino's is open now Monday through Friday, closed on weekends. He also said Willy is now doing lunch meals for 90 baht every noon. He also told me that a Belgian guy, an expat cook now living here in Surin, would be taking over running Lorenzino's on the weekends soon. So they will be open 7 days a week for all of those who enjoy the food and ambiance there.

Good to hear. I'll have to try one of the lunch meals there soon, and meet some guys going there I know that are now going there for lunch most days.

Mike
They have a new website to...
http://lorenzinos.net/

Mike

Thanks for the information Mike.
Website looks good but no prices to be seen.

Thanks for the information Mike.
Website looks good but no prices to be seen.

You're welcome, Mark. Just heard that and thought to pass it along for the members here. I had heard from others that it was hit or miss there for a while whether he was open or not. I guess he has it back on track and working well once again.

And as you say, why no prices? You would think a place taking the time to post up their foods, menu, and pics on-line, that they would also show the prices of their dishes presented. It is one more incentive for a customer to come into your place. If they see your food shown on-line, and say, 'Damn! That looks great!' and also see the price of said food is in their budget as well, well, they are more likely to come in and give your food a try, knowing beforehand what it will cost them to do so.

And, if the prices change, you, the proprietor, usually can just go on-line and change your prices to your new prices. No problem usually.

To me that is an odd policy and way of presenting what you have on offer.

JMHO.

Mike

I was working, and rather than my usual lunch at home, decided to take a break and go to Lorinzino's for lunch. When I arrived, sweating from the ride and eyes full of dirt, I was treated with a closed gate. Not to happy to say the least. If you can't keep your posted hours you're not going to keep too many customers.

Don't tell me that...

I was working, and rather than my usual lunch at home, decided to take a break and go to Lorinzino's for lunch. When I arrived, sweating from the ride and eyes full of dirt, I was treated with a closed gate. Not to happy to say the least. If you can't keep your posted hours you're not going to keep too many customers.

...you didn't make a reservation T.I.C.

I do share your sentiment SurinJoe. I do not eat out very often but, on the odd occasion when the mood has taken me, the restaurant where I have chosen to eat is always closed. It may be closed for a number of reasons, like its always closed on Mondays, the owners are on holiday, or even they are off sick for a couple of days. The actual reason does not matter. The only thing that matters to me is that it was closed when I wanted to eat there. "C'est la vie" and all that good stuff, I lost out on an opportunity to eat good food and the restaurant lost out because they did not get my custom. So I return to my 'Hobbit Hole' and cook for myself once again.

As an aside, my wife has a hex on these things. She tends to want to eat out, or buy from outside, far more than me. The number of times we are out in the car and she says, "I fancy a nice bowl of noodles from so-and-so shop." We go there, and it really does not matter where it is, what time of the day it is, or what they are selling, you can bet your last dollar that the place will be closed for the day. Every time! The next day we drive past the shop or restaurant and you can guarantee that the place will be open and it is. Too late! She wanted her noodles yesterday - not today.

Maybe I share the same hex or jinx as my wife and that is why I seldom get to eat out at our fine, farang friendly restaurants in town.

Cry3.

Last edited:
I do most of my own cooking now, and have for the past year. I used to eat out a lot but i find cooking at home is much cheaper and I can make what I like, the way I like it, and I actually enjoy cooking as well. Fortunately the couple of places that i do go to for the occasional bite out are always open. Guess I haven't been jinxed.... yet.

I also do most off the cooking in house but when having finished cooking I hardly can eat.
It's like I'm jinxed.

If you are anything like me, Croc, and you enjoy a glass or three of wine whilst cooking, not feeling hungry at the end of the process is not too serious an issue.

Back