Lorenzino's Swiss-Cuisine Restaurant Surin NOW DOING SWISS \ ITALIAN PIZZA ...

Lorenzino's was as good as people here have said. Made to feel very welcome as soon as I walked in. Fantastic menu choices. Food well cooked and presented. 10 out of 10. Will definately be going back again and again.

With the addition of the Pizza's to the menu there is no doubt in my mind that Lorenzino's is THE place to go for non-Thai food in Surin. All other places pale in comparsion.

With the addition of the Pizza's to the menu there is no doubt in my mind that Lorenzino's is THE place to go for non-Thai food in Surin. All other places pale in comparsion.

I don't think it's fare to say that "other places pale in comparison". Other farang menu bar/restaurants are completely different. For example you could go to Starbeam and just have a few beers or combine it with a meal. You wouldn't do that at Lorenzino's. Chalk and cheese as they say.

I stand by my original statement. These other places are all chock-a-block cookie cutter type of places. They all serve the same basis non-Thai meals, albeit with their own little twists. Nothing outstanding and nothing to make me want to spend my money when I want to take my wife out for a special meal. Willi and his wife made the type of meals that remind me of fine dining with amazing personal service. Good luck getting that in the Farang Connection, Starbeams,, The Green Mango, The Sportsman Pub or Sidney Seasons.

I don't think it's fare to say that "other places pale in comparison". Other farang menu bar/restaurants are completely different. For example you could go to Starbeam and just have a few beers or combine it with a meal. You wouldn't do that at Lorenzino's. Chalk and cheese as they say.
They do have an afternoon Click at Lorenzino's. A kind of Swish German group nice bunch who sit there and chat over a beer or three !

I stand by my original statement. These other places are all chock-a-block cookie cutter type of places. They all serve the same basis non-Thai meals, albeit with their own little twists. Nothing outstanding and nothing to make me want to spend my money when I want to take my wife out for a special meal. Willi and his wife made the type of meals that remind me of fine dining with amazing personal service. Good luck getting that in the Farang Connection, Starbeams,, The Green Mango, The Sportsman Pub or Sidney Seasons.

I couldn't disagree more. I really like Lorenzino's and their unique and delicious food as well as the hosts Willy and his delightful wife.
However, I do enjoy variety and have found a lot of different and equally delicious & tasty foods at the Japanese Restaurant, Starbeam's, the new German Restaurant, the Korean barbq's, Ryan's Resort, Staffords, Coffee Corner, etc. etc.

Again, PaddyK`s Distorted view of things seems to have wound people up. I would agree that Lorenzinos is nice. But each to his own. Every Bar or Restaraunt provides a choice of food and drink that we either choose or choose not to partake in.
I take it Mr PaddyK ( who whinges about Saint Patricks day being called Paddys day) is a bit bit sensitive and doesnt visit the city often. I would be happy to outline my thoughts face to face instead of on an anonymous website.
I am not hard to find Paddy.

Errrm. I really like Lorenzinos, but I wouldn't say it was head and shoulders above the rest or what ever Paddy said. His food and service is great for me, but I definately think some might be dissapointed with his limited menu. Without sounding like a bum lickey twat, there is a bunch of farang restaurants that I enjoy going to in Surin/Prasat/and Prackonchai. They all have their own highlights and negatives. But I will frequent which ever one I want pending on what I fancy that day.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Always glad to be that pesky ant in your nickers. At least I have the huevos to take stands and not kiss the arses of so many of the clicques found here in Surin. I call them as I SEE THEM, so when things get me wound up I will express my views. Don't ever call St.Patrick's Day St.Paddy's Day in my presence by the way because I will get up close and very personal in your face.

Now now guys. Lets not be silly sausages :)
Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

I take it tha t you come from the Emerald Isle Paddyk? You should realise the correct spelling is not Patrick. As a Welshman his name would have been Patric. Nice to see an Irishman supporting the Welsh.

I personally don't think this post was necessary. Bear's post put across what most locals feel about eating out locally and posts like yours are what drives people like Paddyk to post like he does ( I like to have a good old chuckle after reading most of paddyk's posts and never take them seriously ) . I never been to Lorenzinos but I can understand some of Paddyk's comments. Without a doubt Muang Pizza Resort in Buriram its where all the Locals go for that Special Occasion on all accounts and you don't here all the other patrons of other local restaurants kicking up a stink about it.Lorenzinos seems to be the place in Surin at the moment for that Special Occasion,if Swiss-Cuisine is your thing .

I agree that Paddy Ks posts should not be taken seriously. Well said Moo Ban.

Very true but some people do like Air-con at this time of year and unfortunately this place is an out door type of place , but the food and service is good !

Very true but some people do like Air-con at this time of year and unfortunately this place is an out door type of place , but the food and service is good !

If you haven't tried it then give Willys Lasagne a go. I had it today and It was very good. He told me that he knocks up 10 Kg each time as it is very popular.

Sorry no pics as i was starving and got stuck right in.

Does he have more than 2 types of pizza yet mate ?
Is the pizza still a evening only thing ?
How much did the lasagne cost ?
Was the portion size ok?
Was you full?
Was it beef or pork?

Thanks for the info mate ,

Last edited:
Does he have more than 2 types of pizza yet mate ?
Is the pizza still a evening only thing ?
How much did the lasagne cost ?
Was the portion size ok?
Was you full?
Was it beef or pork?

Thanks for the info mate ,

Dunno about the Pizzas mate.
220 baht I think.
It was big enough for me mate, I think he said it was 630 grams (Seriously he did say the weight of it you know what Europeans are like haha)
I was Full enough.
Beef.

Back