MHaywards Building information

It was a thread about Pi-Joops building project. I just thought it tidied things up, thats all.

Agreed, it is easier and apologies as I didnt mean to 'hijack' the other thread, it all started when the 'raised house' and 'construction strength' issues were discussed.

Thanks for all the support and info gents.

Cheers, MH

No apologies needed MH, we all go off topic frequently xwelcome

Readymix concrete

Anyone know if readymix concrete is available in the Surin area, if so in what size loads and approx cost delivered to Sang Kha area.
I also need details of hiring a large excavator with driver for a day too.

Cheers, MH

Anyone know if readymix concrete is available in the Surin area, if so in what size loads and approx cost delivered to Sang Kha area.
I also need details of hiring a large excavator with driver for a day too.

Cheers, MH

I-Q Moderntrade is the main one mate, always been a good service for me, I would guess there would be a small delivery to charge to Sangkha.

Size of Load etc ??

I-Q Moderntrade is the main one mate, always been a good service for me, I would guess there would be a small delivery to charge to Sangkha.

Thanks Alan,

Any idea what size of load etc.
May need a large excavator and it will not be for building work, more like demolition the way things are going :(

Cheers, MH

Thanks Alan,

Any idea what size of load etc.
May need a large excavator and it will not be for building work, more like demolition the way things are going :(

Cheers, MH

5 - Cube 1 full truck!
Let them know what you’re doing with it and they will tell you what strength you need .

Very Strong...?

5 - Cube 1 full truck!
Let them know what you’re doing with it and they will tell you what strength you need .

Thanks, is there a specific strength for concreting together a half finished house demolition job just to make the whole mess more unified ? Lol.

- :ShitHappens1:

Might not happen yet, but have to be prepared.

Cheers, MH

Thanks, is there a specific strength for concreting together a half finished house demolition job just to make the whole mess more unified ? Lol.

- :ShitHappens1:

Might not happen yet, but have to be prepared.

Cheers, MH

If you’re having problems and you would like me to take a look just P-M or call me mate ... I’m always happy to help if I can with advice .

Prepare for the worst, then it can only get better.

If you’re having problems and you would like me to take a look just P-M or call me mate ... I’m always happy to help if I can with advice .

Cheers Alan,

Maybe not that bad at the moment, but to be assessed when I get 'concrete' proof (pardon the pun)

Prepare for the worst and things can only be better.

Will know in couple of weeks or so. See you up in Surin around then.

Cheers, Mark

Alan,

Thanks for the info about ready mix concrete - 5 cu mtr to the truck. My road is permanently flooded and I am just thinking that if I rasied the level by a few centimeters that I would at least have dry feet getting out of the car to open the gate.

Any idea how much it would cost to buy a full load (5 cu mtr) of high grade concrete for delivery within Surin?

Alan,

Thanks for the info about ready mix concrete - 5 cu mtr to the truck. My road is permanently flooded and I am just thinking that if I rasied the level by a few centimeters that I would at least have dry feet getting out of the car to open the gate.

Any idea how much it would cost to buy a full load (5 cu mtr) of high grade concrete for delivery within Surin?
About 1600 per cube ish ! this was the price in Khonkean might be cheaper here , let them know what you want the mix for . Make sure you put some steel down first mate .. You can use Y-Met , it comes on a roll .

Alan,

WOOWelephant-027MUST BE ONE HELL OF A VALLEY THE ROAD RUNS THRU TO BE PERMANENTLY FLOODED:Drink4:

WOOWelephant-027MUST BE ONE HELL OF A VALLEY THE ROAD RUNS THRU TO BE PERMANENTLY FLOODED:Drink4:

It's a long story - we are at the end of a cul-de-sac and since moving into the house nearly 6 years ago the rain/grey water emptied into the adjoing "nam tawam" (swamp land). However, for the past couple of years the owners of the swamp have been carrying out land fill. Now there is nowhere for the drains in our road to empty. Hence it remains lying in the road and only drying out through natural seepage and evaporation. It is made worse every time there is a heavy downpour and you can, quite literally, paddle your canoe along the soi/canal which fills to about 20 cm in depth! One reason we have always had a high rider pickup instead of a salon car. :ShitHappens1:

It's a long story - we are at the end of a cul-de-sac and since moving into the house nearly 6 years ago the rain/grey water emptied into the adjoing "nam tawam" (swamp land). However, for the past couple of years the owners of the swamp have been carrying out land fill. Now there is nowhere for the drains in our road to empty. Hence it remains lying in the road and only drying out through natural seepage and evaporation. It is made worse every time there is a heavy downpour and you can, quite literally, paddle your canoe along the soi/canal which fills to about 20 cm in depth! One reason we have always had a high rider pickup instead of a salon car. :ShitHappens1:

That’s bad news mate, these guys don’t seem to think of other people when filling up .. City land in Surin is the same.. I’ve seen places where people have built a house then the adjoining land owner comes along and fills in 2 meters high all around the house thats was there first , so then the first house ends up in large dip, full of water ..

That’s bad news mate, these guys don’t seem to think of other people when filling up .. City land in Surin is the same.. I’ve seen places where people have built a house then the adjoining land owner comes along and fills in 2 meters high all around the house thats was there first , so then the first house ends up in large dip, full of water ..

I have exactly this problem in my home in Prakhonchai.

Everytime it rains, once the ground is saturated, I have to pump out the rear garden, and drain to an adjoining soi.
:ShitHappens1:

Alan,

You know the place well - I live in Cityland! It's been fine for the past 6 years but I always knew that there would be a crunch time sometime in the future. The good news for me (found out yesterday) is that the property developer who built the houses, not the guy doing the land fill, has willingly agreed to dig and install some new drains to try and sort the problem. Work is scheduled / promised to start before the end of this month.

PN - what kind of pump do you use? I have also thought about installing the same to pump out the existing drains. I only hesitate because I do not want to buy a pump that is not suitable for the job - I am worried about the pump clogging-up.

Nomad. At present I use a basic automatic shallow well pump with 3/4" outlet. With a nozzle on the end is no problem from clogging.

I must investigate an alternative before the rainy season next year. With 1 rai of garden, I need something bigger that will drain it more quickly.

As an ex-plumber and having gone through about 5 pumps in the last few years (for my fish pond), I have been drawn to the conclusion that submersible pumps are a dead loss. When I get round to resurrecting my fish pond/filtration system, I will buy a pump to 'pull' the water out of my pond and back again into it after a gravity fed filter system.

Just thought I'd mention it!

Back