MHaywards Building information

I am loathed to sound like I am publicly championing Thai Law enforcement but I THINK a court would uphold a Thai Law (probably with the help of 'tea money' somewhere down the line! :confused:

yes, probably if the ex lady is not takin' any measures
but what if the ex lady turns up in court or at the police stating;

I've paid my ex man off to take over the property when we "agreed" to separate,
I paid xxxxxxxxxx THB,
and she have half the village and the village elder/chieftain testifying that they all witnessed
the transaction

serious up hill fighting for the farang I reckon

Im getting ilked seeing the same weak ''what If's'' time and time again.

If you are the type of person who worries about crooked wives and their relatives throwing you out of the house or murdering you, If you have no confidence in the Thai legal system or lack the minerals to stand up for your rights as a legal spouse just because you are a foreigner, theres a simple solution.... RENT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im getting ilked seeing the same weak ''what If's'' time and time again.

If you are the type of person who worries about crooked wives and their relatives throwing you out of the house or murdering you, If you have no confidence in the Thai legal system or lack the minerals to stand up for your rights as a legal spouse just because you are a foreigner, theres a simple solution.... RENT.

How many houses have you lost Lukey?
I have worked for and lost 2 thru no fault of my own, both times I went in with rose coloured glasses... Not this time..............

How many houses have you lost Lukey?
I have worked for and lost 2 thru no fault of my own, both times I went in with rose coloured glasses... Not this time..............

I think you might have got the wrong end of the stick Ducati.

What you've done is spot on, Im not knocking you. Usufructs, wills, leases, covering your arse or generally just standing up for yourself when it comes to the crunch is what should be happening. Im getting tired of listening to people suggest that as we are farangs we should lay all our money on the ground and bend over with our pants round our ankles..Nonsense. The rights are there, in the legal documents or in your status as a legal spouse. The problem lies in wether those rights are executed or not. People should'nt be afraid to stand up and and be counted, It's no wonder the natives think they can walk all over us.
The same Worry Warts are the first to rubbish anyone who goe's down the path of Lease's/usufructs because their heads are full of ill informed bollox.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lukey!....You are so right. I split with my first wife after building everything on her land. I had a Usufruct and legally married.
Guess what?? I'm still here and she's not. The usufruct is a legally binding document that will be upheld in a Thai court situation. And, if you're married (legally) not the jungle type that many of you are in and no usufruct agreement in place..as I've said before. You're fruct!

I think you might have got the wrong end of the stick Ducati.

What you've done is spot on, Im not knocking you. Usufructs, wills, leases, covering your arse or generally just standing up for yourself when it comes to the crunch is what should be happening. Im getting tired of listening to people suggest that as we are farangs we should lay all our money on the ground and bend over with our pants round our ankles..Nonsense. The rights are there, in the legal documents or in your status as a legal spouse. The problem lies in wether those rights are executed or not. People should'nt be afraid to stand up and and be counted, It's no wonder the natives think they can walk all over us.
The same Worry Warts are the first to rubbish anyone who goe's down the path of Lease's/usufructs because their heads are full of ill informed bollox.

My sincere apologies Lukey... You are right as usual...

Well guys, as they say ''you pay your money and you make your choice''
I paid small money and chose the Usufruct Route based on good sound advice and real experiences of Member Surin, so far so good.

Things are going well and the change in the TGF and family attitiude is amazing too. However as they also say ''Keep your guard up'' so I will be just as careful, but maybe more relaxed too.

Cheers, MH

All the best in your endeavor, keep the family on there toes and don't turtle sounds like a guy of your worldly travels "Tripadvisor" will get it all together. Go for it.....

All the best in your endeavor, keep the family on there toes and don't turtle sounds like a guy of your worldly travels "Tripadvisor" will get it all together. Go for it.....

Ah so you have read some of my Tripadvisor Posts too :) I wish I had the time to write more reviews, stayed in some good and some bad places recently, have yet to write them up.

Cheers, MH

OK Chaps, now I am looking for a reasonable, but good (if there is one) Swimming Pool Design and build.
I would like to plan ahead so we dont have to keep digging up the crap that the builder has already put in lol.

Cheers, MH

Garden Walls...A Reasonable Price ??

I need some advice on the price of our Garden Walls which are under construction now. Basically we have both sides of the plot to do, one is 14 x 2 m sections and the other is 18 x 2m.
Walls will be standard, plain design 2m high...nothing special and the builder has quoted 1200 baht per 2m section plus materials, however I fear things are not all that they seem as total Labour would be 38400 and so far the material costs are looking to be sky high.

Everything is built from scratch, steel reinforced base and pillar steels are in, next stage will be pillars and blocks.

Materials purchased so far run at 55,000 baht and it looks like they will need more soon. I am not so happy as currently it will be 3000 and it looks like we are heading for a total cost of 4000 per section for a good quality wall.

Question is, 4000 per section seems high to me, anyone any information on similar walls and prices please?
I recall seeing somewhere a guy in Burriram had a good wall built for 1600 a section all in, but maybe I am wrong...need to check before I start shouting.

Cheers, MH

Builder must be planning a nice addition to his house or holiday,,,Alan da Builder would know the right price less his cut,,,markup,,,but that sounds rich for a standard wall PM Alan sure he could give you a better ball park quote.Hopefully the builder is not a relative.....

More Advice please........Swimming Pool price needed...just had a local quote and I smell Sick Buffalo Shit.

Price my mate was recently quoted in Udon was around 14500 baht per sq metre finished including everything, I though this was on the high side, however I have just been quoted a lot more to the point of being ridiculous.

Anyone got any idea for building near Surin, a pretty much standard 8m x 9m pool with a 3m x 3m Jacuzzi addition on one end. Depth 1m sloping to 1.6m Total would be 81 sq m
Overflow design with no bottom suction, simple pipework only below ground will be the returns to 0.5m depth around the pool. Standard LED lighting, one LP circulating filter/pump and one HP Jacuzzi pump.

I have seen prices down as low as 11000 Thb per sq m and reckon I could get away with possibly around 1m Thb max, finished with everything, meaning the landscaping around it aswell.... but anyone have a better idea on price.

Tell me what you paid guys please.

Cheers, MH

Last edited:
http://www.desjoyauxasia.com/2.html

These have been in bizz a long time here in Thailand ,could be worth a getting a quote just to get an idea of a realistic price !

Agreed, but reading in TV etc they are famed for High Priced Vinyl Pools, I want a standard tile build preferably by a decent fairly local company.
There are many Pools in Surin, somebody must know a decent constructor.

I am waiting to find out the truth about the one who has quoted me...I was led to believe he was reliable, but it looks like there is a rabbit away again.
The quote is 2 x higher than other companies have built in Pattaya, so maybe the TGFs family are up to the old (2 for us, 1 for you) tricks yet again??

Cheers, MH

Back